IWL Rules and Guidelines
Participation in our forum requires registration, and by registering you are agreeing to abide by our rules and guidelines. Note that the Sales Forum has additional rules.
The rules and guidelines apply to all areas of the forum - everywhere that a member can enter text, images or other content.
Moderators will apply the rules, using discretion where necessary, and their decisions are final. Moderators may also use their discretion to decide on matters not explicitly mentioned in the rules. Moderator decisions may not be discussed in forums.
Moderators may edit or delete content posted by members. Moderators may take disciplinary measures, from warnings to bans.
1. Be polite and respectful. Don't engage in personal disputes. Swear words and derogatory terms are not permitted. Any other language likely to cause offence is not permitted. Racism, sexism and other forms of bigotry will not be tolerated.
2. All content must be work and family friendly. Images that would not be suitable for viewing at an average workplace must not be posted.
3. Political or religious content is not permitted.
4. Images of firearms and personal weapons are not permitted, unless they appear incidentally in a relevant horological or historical context.
5. Content related to fake or replica watches is not permitted, except in the context of establishing the authenticity of a watch. Some forums may have specific 'fake-buster' areas subject to the control of forum moderators.
6. Posts related to any kind of illegal activity are not permitted, unless they serve to inform and educate.
7. Sales-related posts in discussion forums are not permitted. Reference to retailers, prices and auctions is permitted, but not if the member has any connection with the retailer or auction in question.
8. Commercial and promotional content is only allowed to IWL sponsors. Anyone wishing to become a sponsor should contact IWL Admin.
9. Posts by non-sponsors containing raffles, auctions, surveys, contests, coupons, marketing campaigns or other related activities need prior approval by IWL Admin.
10. Reference to watch-related information posted in other watch forums is permitted but promotion of other watch forums is not. Disparagement of other watch forums is discouraged.
11. Links to personal watch blogs are permitted, but we ask that blogs carry a reciprocal link to IWL. Links to blogs that function as forums are not permitted. Links to blogs with substantial commercial content are not permitted.
12. Signatures should not cause a distraction to others viewing the forum. IWL Admin may set a maximum size in the forum software.
13. Do not post personal information relating to another person that is not already freely available. Do not post the content of Private Messages or emails.
14. Members may have only one account and user name. Duplicate accounts will be closed.
15. Members wishing to leave can simply stop posting, but can also ask IWL Admin to set their account to 'inactive'. Their posts will remain.
We hope you enjoy your stay at IWL!