Likes Likes:  27,269
Page 396 of 1188 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496896 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 11875

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Name:  6EDB9AEB-1FC3-4B04-8E6E-852D5D928AE0.png
Views: 201
Size:  222.4 KB

A short trip to Edinburgh has turned me against digital watches. We weren’t away for long so I wore my airport watch (DW-5600E) for five days - and didn’t like it. It’s never bothered me before, but I was conscious of processing data rather than seeing the time - and the passage of time. The ever-changing seconds were a distraction, next to the hours and minutes. Maybe some of my synapses are falling into disrepair. 🙂

And then, flying back, when cabin lights were dimmed for night take-off, I couldn’t find the tiny light button on the 5600. All in all, excuse enough to scroll through the G-Shock catalogue, looking for watches with hands, sorted on price from low to high. 🙂

There was the G-100 (had it twice before, clunky hand-setting, tiny light button) and then there was the GA-800 (techno-slinky hand-setting, big light button - and a seconds hand!). Ordered. 🙂

That half black half red second hand is rather an attractive feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That half black half red second hand is rather an attractive feature.

It is, and the whole watch has considered styling for a G-Shock. Medium size too. It’s grown-up but still a bit funky. Much like myself - in my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Name:  6EDB9AEB-1FC3-4B04-8E6E-852D5D928AE0.png
Views: 201
Size:  222.4 KB

A short trip to Edinburgh has turned me against digital watches. We weren’t away for long so I wore my airport watch (DW-5600E) for five days - and didn’t like it. It’s never bothered me before, but I was conscious of processing data rather than seeing the time - and the passage of time. The ever-changing seconds were a distraction, next to the hours and minutes. Maybe some of my synapses are falling into disrepair. 

And then, flying back, when cabin lights were dimmed for night take-off, I couldn’t find the tiny light button on the 5600. All in all, excuse enough to scroll through the G-Shock catalogue, looking for watches with hands, sorted on price from low to high. 

There was the G-100 (had it twice before, clunky hand-setting, tiny light button) and then there was the GA-800 (techno-slinky hand-setting, big light button - and a seconds hand!). Ordered. 
    found with the g-100 it did not suit all wrist due to the curve hard strap at the lug ends
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

found for me a ga-100 or a dw9052 was more suited to me

think with times watches change as I love the gd -350 but all of a sudden am finding it uncomfortable on the wrist not sure if it is because of the wings or not was thinking of taking them off but then the screws would stick out slightly then I would imagine
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 14, 2018 at 06:36 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

It is, and the whole watch has considered styling for a G-Shock. Medium size too. It’s grown-up but still a bit funky. Much like myself - in my dreams.

You know, if it's not actually the size of a small moon then I can actually imagine wearing that, which I confess is a rare thought for a G-shock!

just bought this for the bracelet ) close as I am going to get to the right one for the mastron as they seem to like hens teeth

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Matt, ctimrun liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You know, if it's not actually the size of a small moon then I can actually imagine wearing that, which I confess is a rare thought for a G-shock!

48.6 x 15.5. Lug to lug 54.1.

Big for a normal watch but medium for a G-Shock - and smaller than most you might see in a shop window.

Plastic watches can be bigger, in my experience, and I was OK with a DW-6900 which is a similar size. The lug to lug looks a bit scary but the case/strap junction is a bit different with G-Shocks. I think the size will be OK, but it’s not too much of a gamble at the price and it will be for occasional use.

Mostly, I’ve treated myself to a useful toy.

I've been considering one of the New Rangeman for a while now. Rob called me about the new limited Magma edition of it that he has gotten a shipment of. So this will come next week.

Last edited by Samanator; Dec 16, 2018 at 12:10 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

11. Likes ctimrun, rodia77, JAGtime liked this post
    48.6 x 15.5. Lug to lug 54.1.

Big for a normal watch but medium for a G-Shock - and smaller than most you might see in a shop window.

Plastic watches can be bigger, in my experience, and I was OK with a DW-6900 which is a similar size. The lug to lug looks a bit scary but the case/strap junction is a bit different with G-Shocks. I think the size will be OK, but it’s not too much of a gamble at the price and it will be for occasional use.

Mostly, I’ve treated myself to a useful toy.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVekNsgUqn4

it’s all relative of course and I am currently wearing an all proof of 27mm...
    Last edited by Matt; Dec 15, 2018 at 10:47 AM.

13. Likes geoffbot, hayday liked this post