Likes Likes:  27,403
Page 197 of 1195 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 11944

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

here

Fig. 1
    Recta SA, Fabrique d'Horlogerie, Bienne, Genève

1897: The Muller & Vaucher, Fabrique d'Horlogerie was founded by Antoine Muller (1861-1930) and Alcide Vaucher (1860-1924).
    1898: Registration of the brand Recta for watches, watch parts, and packagings.
    1902: An own factory building was built.
    1905: Eduard Tièche joins as sales head; he remained until 1946.
    1913: A larger factory building was built.
    1917: Company renamed to Recta SA, Fabrique d'Horlogerie.
    1920: Advertising for high grade watches and observatory certified chronometers
    1959: Import of Recta watches to the UK by Marchand & Jobin, London.
    1984: Last known activities.

Remarks
    Recta watches with in-house movements usually date back to the time before the 60s. Later watches have movements made from purchased ebauches.
    The calibre designations are a bit fuzzy. In most registers (also here) they consist of letters and maximum one digit. Occasionally an additional four-digit number is met on a movement, with or without slash between first and last digit pair. Here the first pair represents the size in lignes, the second pair likely the year of introduction.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes timesofplenty liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpatrick View Post
    Not sure I really like it.

A sympathetic 'spruce up' and I'm sure you'll love it. Pretty certain I would.... and I'm not a great chronograph lover.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    it's a Germany 1940's military watch at a guess
    Found it on ebay, didn't know anything about it, just liked the wear to it.
    Researched a bit yesterday and found these were sometimes military issue which can make them more valuable.
    Happy this one isn't

Name:  IMG_6533.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  108.0 KB
    Scott A
    instagram @timesofplenty

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Someone just pointed this out to me, i hadn't noticed but the internal bezel is upside down (the 100 is on the bottom). The watch keeps time and i don't imagine that would be an expensive fix but maybe that's why i got it so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

Quote Originally Posted by timesofplenty View Post
    Found it on ebay, didn't know anything about it, just liked the wear to it.
    Researched a bit yesterday and found these were sometimes military issue which can make them more valuable.
    Happy this one isn't

Name:  IMG_6533.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  108.0 KB
    depends on the name to some degree too ... there a few u.k brands with swiss movements from the 40's/50's / 60's can be had for a song I know..and I sold a vertex revue for next to nothing a few months back so a decent age watch can be had for a good price some don't having markings on the case back I have notice but .will still be called a military watch from that period as some would have been privately bought
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes timesofplenty liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Sure - I’m enjoying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ditto. Nothing wrong with a little fun...
    Thank you, Gentlemen. Next week I think it'll be something similar to a US watch with a central seconds.

10. Likes mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    I have really got to unsubscribe from watch emails. I've been pretty good all year. And then I saw something interesting in an email this morning and clicked the buy button before I even realized what I was doing. Oops.

And now that I got that admission out of the way, I guess I should also fess up to making another impulse purchase earlier this week, too. Oops.

12. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I have really got to unsubscribe from watch emails. I've been pretty good all year. And then I saw something interesting in an email this morning and clicked the buy button before I even realized what I was doing. Oops.

And now that I got that admission out of the way, I guess I should also fess up to making another impulse purchase earlier this week, too. Oops.
    OK -- spill!

You're not alone, Brian. I've been out of the watch market for a few months and I just ordered a new watch.

The funny part is: I don't like the movement - in fact, I hate it - I've serious doubts on the case shape/material and I would rather have a set of different hands... In my defense: it's something inexpensive and completely different from any other watch I had/have. Should be here by the end of the next week, I guess. Oh well...

And no, I will not reveal the brand/model, no sir.

15. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpatrick View Post
    Someone just pointed this out to me, i hadn't noticed but the internal bezel is upside down (the 100 is on the bottom). The watch keeps time and i don't imagine that would be an expensive fix but maybe that's why i got it so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great piece Ryan. I guess I was incorrectly assuming that the internal bezel on this beauty is rotatable via one of the crowns on the right side of the case. Isn't the internal bezel adjustable on this one?

(edit) - never mind Ryan, just realized that those crowns on the right side of the case are indeed pushers for the chrono operations...Oh well, still love this one.
    Last edited by stew77; Dec 2, 2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Cheers,

Chris