Likes Likes:  27,340
Page 329 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 11907

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Watcha gonna do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...um...I, uh, dunno...
    I've just really always wanted to own a GIANT neon sign.

IF, If I can arrange to get it off the building by month end I will store it at my business for a while. Then, I've been talking with my partner in the non-profit and we are discussing a full restoration.

If that all happens, the most likely outcome is that we will gift it to the city as a piece of free outdoor public art. The important thing here is that it is a fifty year old piece of heritage. The city has been really casual about the loss of our heritage and I don't like that. This sign is one of the last examples of a specific era in the city's history. Left to their own devices the city will let this be destroyed. If it is gifted to them they are legally obliged to preserve it. As far as I a concerned that is well worth what I'll pay to get it to that point.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Jun 23, 2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

So my Rolex AD just called and the Pepsi GMT is in. Need to see if I can make it there today.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

New on my wrist yesterday.

Tada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Pre-ordered this last week - wont be in for another month or so the wait begins

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Jun 28, 2018 at 05:13 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Tada

I hate you so much right now

Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

7. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I suppose I should enter this new acquisition into the register... received from a friend for the cost of a new dial, as the current dial has spooge on it, which once seen cannot be unseen.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpatrick View Post
    I hate you so much right now

Hey, I was on the phone with the AD the minute they opened when this was announced. Plus when you have bought 12 (of 14 I've owned)new Rolex's over the years from them I do expect some consideration. I really did not expect this this year. They got in a Pepsi Tudor also. I don't like that at all. Just Blah looking to the point that I didn't even notice the overabundance of snowflake hands. The guy that bought it was picking it up when I got there. He was not completely sold on it to listen to him to the point he did not have them size it.

Interesting note on the Rolex Pepsi GMT. The bracelets are coming in with a max wrist size of 7.5". There are 8 removable links in the watch, but it seems they are no longer sending them out to at least fit an 8" wrist. If you have a larger wrist size let your AD know they may need some links. The same thing was the case with the Sea Dweller last year. Only one link to fit a 7.25" wrist. It does have the easy link but I always size with it collapsed.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 28, 2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

10. Likes watchdaddy1, CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I suppose I should enter this new acquisition into the register... received from a friend for the cost of a new dial, as the current dial has spooge on it, which once seen cannot be unseen.

Nice , I don't see no spooge....Haha he said spooge

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

12. Likes Samanator, skywatch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Tada

Congrats, Michael.

14. Likes Samanator liked this post