Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Thoughts on "Casioak" G's?

Savagely Average

Thoughts on "Casioak" G's?

I want to add a 2nd G that is not metal and could be worn around town on a casual Saturday out with ease. If one has better WR, that matters to. It will see beach and pool time.

General thoughts on them?

Suggestions on some conservative colourways?

I am open to new or pre-owned, so do not mark discontinued models off

Thanks

The Casiooak GA-2100 is one of the smaller Gs, roughly like the 5600.
    The readability of the hands is fine, the negative LCDs are garbage.
    Antoher watch to consider is the GA-100 with positive display, somewhat larger but much better LCD.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

3. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    The ga2100 is the most uncomfortable G I've ever bought. So I got jaysandkays adaptors for it and with a nylon strap it's one of my favorites now.
    The ga100 is a good choice also.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

5. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Think it's a bit of a hmm must have going around but hmmm most get flip quick.. ant had one yet at some point will probably see a fixer upper and take a closer look but ... Had loads of g i fix and flip so the only ones i have keep are these

I bling a 5600

then this one the model number is hmm can't think right now 2300 or some such .

then the good old dw6900 not to be confused with was it the gx6900 a lot bigger and more unconfutable can find pics of the one I had if asked. flip that one . in fav of the smaller dw6900...

now I buy / sell repair g shocks ..the good one I think well two come to mind

the ga 100 as meationed and fix flipped and modd a fair few can show pics if wanted ?

and the dw9052 it has one of the best modules of that time even to be able to set a one of alarm at any point from now to 2099 which I thought cool ...

think affordable is a big point for g shocks so higher end hmmm not really my thing
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

7. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Thanks IWL, any and all pics welcome!

I have 2 vintage Mr G's and this one

Name:  20210222_163348.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  69.2 KB

The Casioak models appeal to me, being ani/digi and they appear to be what I consider "Saturday out with family" perfect. It is just hard to figure out all the models!

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Thanks IWL, any and all pics welcome!

I have 2 vintage Mr G's and this one

Name:  20210222_163348.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  69.2 KB

The Casioak models appeal to me, being ani/digi and they appear to be what I consider "Saturday out with family" perfect. It is just hard to figure out all the models!
    just watch out for the fakes theirs quite a few out their I flag three sellers this morning on them ....

they are fun but just for me not a keeper it's like a timex re-issue every one gets wrapped up in them but then they quick loose appeal
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    If one has better WR, that matters to. It will see beach and pool time.
    Aren't all G's just rated 200m? That would mean one parameter less to mind.

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    did some one say pics
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes Mediocre liked this post