Likes Likes:  112
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm trough! I quit ...

I'm trough! I quit ...

...with buying mechanics. Every time i buy a mechanical piece it ends up unworn in my vault. The only watches i wear are G-shocks and other Casio's. therefore i quit buiying watches other than Casio. I specially like solar atomic (g-shock) watches. The last mechanical watch buy was the sumo in late januari, but i get sooo paranoid to scratch it. Its up for sale or trade now so i can buy a frogman, gulfmaster or smtn else. Plenty to choose from with Casio/Oceanus/G-shock.

2. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui, Sedi liked this post
    rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    can u get the casio waveceptor try it out lemme know how it wears?

Aways wanted a Frogman. It's such a solid feeling piece which I can't say often for digitals. Perhaps when my Ambit kicks the bucket I'd buy one but that thing after 5 years of hard use still is going strong. Suunto needs to step up
    their rubber strap quality. Between my old Core and Ambit they deterioted after a few years and had to replace the rubber. Owned Casios for a decade and didn't have that problem.

Since i got some of my grail the g-shock i pretty much don't by them anymore (my last one is a generic DW6900 that turn out i quite like it)
    most of the g-shock i was interested are the classic, generic or low tier model that actually get used by plenty of military or outdoors men..

so i'm in the contrary from you Ben.. lately my interest are in great quality automatics.. the only thing that separate me from them -- is simply fund..

6. Likes Greg, Sedi liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried Suunto?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Slightly off topic...why can't get a G-Shock with some normal lugs? I'd wear mine a lot more if I could toss it on strap or a Nato.

9. Likes movet22, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Slightly off topic...why can't get a G-Shock with some normal lugs? I'd wear mine a lot more if I could toss it on strap or a Nato.
    shorter lug (16mm) and thick springbar like g-shock use make them less prone to springbar bent problem..

but i can understand your position.. i even experiment to one of my G that doesn't fit me well with its original strap.. so i made a leather strap for it and now it fit me well.. (look crazy though)

16mm lug, 25mm tapper to 21mm.. was not an easy project..
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I forgot to add...

12. Likes Seriously, Sedi liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    That's what kills G-Shocks for me, personally. The material of the straps really irritates my skin. Even on the Suunto I have, I put it on a water resistant leather-backed synthetic strap (kind of similar to sailcloth) over the elastomer.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    shorter lug (16mm) and thick springbar like g-shock use make them less prone to springbar bent problem..

but i can understand your position.. i even experiment to one of my G that doesn't fit me well with its original strap.. so i made a leather strap for it and now it fit me well.. (look crazy though)

16mm lug, 25mm tapper to 21mm.. was not an easy project..
    That is one of the coolest combinations I've ever seen

Have a great day

Lee

15. Likes iyonk liked this post