Likes Likes:  22

Thread: the Dude has arrived

the Dude has arrived

After three long weeks of waiting, I know that's not a long time to wait (it's quite short, actually) but I can be very impatient, my Scuba Dude arrived at my doorstep. Well, a chit of paper telling me to pick up a parcel at the post office arrived at my doorstep, but you get the point. I tore open the package and hated what I saw.....directions written in Russian! I quickly tossed that aside and immediately loved what i saw next....a wonderful watch.

Name:  IMG_0022.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  77.0 KB

Let me first say the watch has a ton of personality and charm to it. No other way to describe it but "personality." Secondly, I was expecting the dial to be more navy and not the teal green it really is. Doesn't change my opinion of it, but I was expecting a navy dial. Thirdly, the watch is quite a bit thicker than I expected it to be. It still fits under a shirt cuff so I'm ok.

Name:  357f92cd-97c0-4450-b665-ac22369aac20.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  31aac544-3c6f-4973-bf04-a20c38179190.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  32.8 KB

I've been wanting this watch for a coupla years but never seemed to pull the trigger on it. I hesitated partly because I couldn't decide between the larger (I believe it is called the ministry) case with 22mm lugs or the classic smaller case with 18mm lugs. I finally decided that my birthday was a good enough reason to buy a new watch and purchased the classic case (it's model 420 if anyone is interested). I also had to buy a coupla new straps as I didn't have any available 18mm straps. Thanks, Ague Trading Company!

Name:  5fa60116-0048-4032-bd06-0a038e7cc84e.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  72.7 KB

So, enough blabbering....on to more pics!

Name:  a25c4c8f-d97c-4802-b6f5-c96d6975bb03.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  0fdc6504-3a32-424c-8b96-b866c488dca7.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  6f25251f-ef71-4515-be89-4b542e9a8248.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  d5fbed1e-2e24-413b-b7c3-c2cfc556f88f.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  60.5 KB
    Last edited by hayday; Mar 23, 2016 at 11:18 PM.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. Likes hayday liked this post
    yes was surprised my one is deffo a lovely blue colour but still looks grand yes the case design make a lot of choice too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

5. Likes hayday liked this post
    Superb! I've owned two of them and wouldn't be surprised if I bought a third at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    Only got one russian as a gift... i like it a lot but they are not easily available here... if not, i would already got a bunch of them..
    the ministry case is pretty cool since the case is solid stainless, not base metal body/chrome plated like other model... the bezel is still plated brass though..

feel great on the wrist, keep excellent time and a great conversation piece..

Congrats Hayday! and happy Birthday!..

mine give a high five..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Likes hayday, is that my watch, JAGtime, DJW GB liked this post
    Looks sharp, hayday! Happy Birthday!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

11. Likes hayday liked this post
    Very nice. Scuba dude rules!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

13. Likes hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday! A lot of watch for the money, and a ton of character.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

15. Likes watchdaddy1, hayday liked this post
    Scuba Dude looking good. Congratulations.It's always eluded me for some reason

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

17. Likes hayday liked this post