Likes Likes:  56
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with first G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Somebody called? :-)
    Well with square, solar and atomic the choices are limited. I'd suggest a GW-5510 - I hope they are still out there. I only got the non-atomic G-5500TS-8 and a GLS-5500. IMO they're among THE most comfortable G-Shocks ever. And slightly bigger (not much though) than the 56XX.
    If you wanna go high-end - take a GW-5000. The steel case makes them special and they sit more comfortable on the wrist IMO than the standard models. I'm not sure however if the new GW-M5610 still has the rounded edges on the caseback that the GW-M5600 had.
    Another option might be a GWX-5600 but I think those are discontinued. The GX(W)-56 is indeed wearable if you got around 7" wrists. Looks more impressive on closeup pics than in real life.
    The G-7800 was a great model bit neither solar nor atomic and I think it's discontinued as well.
    If you're also looking at non-G Casios the AE-1200 is one of the best bangs for the buck, but IMO the lack of a snooze alarm is its biggest downside.
    Now we're talking!

Cheers Sedi! Now I have a few more options to google. Will go on a search spree tomorrow.

2. Likes is that my watch, Sedi liked this post
    All the suggestions Sedi, Ismy, and Iyonk have given are great choices.

You cant go wrong with any of them.

Let us know which one you decide on.

4. Likes meijlinder, is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Somebody called? :-)
    Well with square, solar and atomic the choices are limited. I'd suggest a GW-5510 - I hope they are still out there. I only got the non-atomic G-5500TS-8 and a GLS-5500. IMO they're among THE most comfortable G-Shocks ever. And slightly bigger (not much though) than the 56XX.
    If you wanna go high-end - take a GW-5000. The steel case makes them special and they sit more comfortable on the wrist IMO than the standard models. I'm not sure however if the new GW-M5610 still has the rounded edges on the caseback that the GW-M5600 had.
    Another option might be a GWX-5600 but I think those are discontinued. The GX(W)-56 is indeed wearable if you got around 7" wrists. Looks more impressive on closeup pics than in real life.
    The G-7800 was a great model bit neither solar nor atomic and I think it's discontinued as well.
    If you're also looking at non-G Casios the AE-1200 is one of the best bangs for the buck, but IMO the lack of a snooze alarm is its biggest downside.
    yes very much so ..

think the choice is very limited think maybe go for one that will last my dw is the centre of my collection had to let most of them go and the other soon will be following but am keeping just three

my fav

then my diy watch done most things in this not that you could say I have with the condition

and the rest fell by the way side so think maybe depends what you want for a bit of fun and that the square would be cool but for the long lasting appeal maybe a keep option of the older models or a good worker model of the G.A

and of course a non digital
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    but saying that these to have always made me stop and look

GD-350-1ER. ........................ GW-M5610-1ER.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes d2mac, Greg liked this post
    Well, order placed. No point in being subtle when getting a G so ended up going with a King. Found a GXW-56-1BJF on Amazon so went for it. A bit more than I had planned but just know I will be searching myself tired if I don't just pull the trigger.

Will report back once it arrives.

Oh and a pic from the net.

Cheers for the assistance and enabling.

10. Likes Sedi, is that my watch, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Ooh, very good choice! IMO the coolest version of the King and easier to read because of the positive display.
    Cheers, Sedi

12. Likes is that my watch, meijlinder, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Well, order placed. No point in being subtle when getting a G so ended up going with a King. Found a GXW-56-1BJF on Amazon so went for it. A bit more than I had planned but just know I will be searching myself tired if I don't just pull the trigger.

yes like the yellow to it just brighten it up a treat yes as sedi says good chocie
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    great choice indeed - its an impressive watch and surprisingly comfortable for its size - i myself found the the negative display on that model very hard to read sent it to my son in Afghanistan [and it came back minus a bezel and subsequently did three tours ] of course as Sedi says you will find it much more legible - great watch

the one on the right Name:  780864d1343932186-g-shockers-other-favourites-g-group1-copy 3.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  94.3 KB

16. Likes Greg, meijlinder, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post

Awesome .. your gonna love it.

Congrats.

18. Likes meijlinder, iyonk liked this post
    Thanks guys. Reassuring to hear I didn't mess up took in what you all said about legibility.

promise plenty of pics when it gets here.

20. Likes iyonk, Greg liked this post