Likes Likes:  3

Thread: My New Partner

Blog Entries

My New Partner

Pleased to have Dan R joining me in Vintage as co-Mod.
    Dan looks after our Zenith forum and Zenith is a great vintage brand, so there is that tie-in. Also he likes American pocket watches, as do I. So it's a nice fit overall. Glad to have you here, Dan!

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Glad to be here! I spent a long time with vintage as they were the affordable watches when I was collecting.

We welcome you all and here is a picture of one of my favorites, a Kingston triple date.

Dan
    Name:  Kingston1_desktop.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  92.6 KB

4. Likes RayMac, saxoo liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Very nice. Circa 1950?

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Blog Entries
    I am thinking late 50s or so. The Kingston brand had been around some time (I have one bumper that needs restoring), but as one of the dozens of brands that silently died off over time, there is little to go on. I bought it NOS and cleaned/lubricated it myself. Runs very nicely, but its no LeCoultre from the same time period. I need to pull it out and wear again!

:-)

Dan

Blog Entries
    A bit like Bulova and Benrus I guess. Swiss movements but cased and timed in the US. They did well after WWII when the US makers went into decline, or at least never recovered from their wartime hiatus.