Likes Likes:  652
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: <<<<<WRUW May 2016>>>>>

I'm tired of looking at the straps of my watches since they are in the cases face down. So I headed out this morning on a mission to buy some foam for my three watch cases since my collection was getting a bit out of hand storage wise. The two cases alike were bought last year, the oddball third one was bought this weekend. I tried to find one the same as the other two but it was not in stock. So this afternoon I spent some time at the work bench in my garage and came up with the pictures below. After some careful measuring (honestly it's foam, so careful measuring isn't needed) and cutting I present the pictures below. The foam was picked up at my local Hobby Lobby store for $6.50 for a 2X22X22 pad. Who needs a Pelican Case? Not me. While running errands I was wearing the Invicta 9404 and while "messing about" in the garage working on the cases I wore my trusty WS-220. The strap case was bought at my local Home Depot for under $5.

Name:  P5030003.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  81.2 KBName:  P5030007.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  75.2 KBName:  P5030008.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  64.0 KBName:  P5030011.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  75.2 KBName:  P5030013.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  58.8 KBName:  P5030014.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  65.3 KB

2. Likes Greg, iyonk, worker, is that my watch, Sedi, Volgo liked this post
    Great cases!
    You could even maintain charge of solars with the translucent lids!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I'm tired of looking at the straps of my watches since they are in the cases face down. So I headed out this morning on a mission to buy some foam for my three watch cases since my collection was getting a bit out of hand storage wise. The two cases alike were bought last year, the oddball third one was bought this weekend. I tried to find one the same as the other two but it was not in stock. So this afternoon I spent some time at the work bench in my garage and came up with the pictures below. After some careful measuring (honestly it's foam, so careful measuring isn't needed) and cutting I present the pictures below. The foam was picked up at my local Hobby Lobby store for $6.50 for a 2X22X22 pad. Who needs a Pelican Case? Not me. While running errands I was wearing the Invicta 9404 and while "messing about" in the garage working on the cases I wore my trusty WS-220. The strap case was bought at my local Home Depot for under $5.

4. Likes Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Great cases!
    You could even maintain charge of solars with the translucent lids!

Thanks d2mac.

I looked around for cases when I started this watch journey and figured for G-Shocks these would do just fine. They've worked for analogs as well.

For solar charging I use these real exclusive and very expensive solar charging stations. lol
    Name:  PB110057.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  77.4 KBName:  PB110059.jpg
Size:  82.1 KB

6. Likes Greg, iyonk, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Thanks d2mac.

I looked around for cases when I started this watch journey and figured for G-Shocks these would do just fine. They've worked for analogs as well.

For solar charging I use these real exclusive and very expensive solar charging stations. lol
    Name:  PB110057.jpg
Size:  77.4 KBName:  PB110059.jpg
Size:  82.1 KB
    Great idea Rocat.

8. Likes iyonk, Rocat liked this post
    Great Posts Rocat!!!!

looking at your collection, i cant help to admire those beauties... you really have a great collection of affordable watches my friend! hats off to you.. (no i dont wear hats in real life)

thankfully or unfortunately i life accross the continents... if i live nearby i would be begging to buy or trade for some of them..

i can imagine if a few of us here in this small forum could ever have a special GTG,.. there might be some watches exchanges hahaha.. (nop, may be not in this life time.. only Greg and Rocat might be able to do that.. )

10. Likes Rocat, Greg liked this post

Sent from my iPhone 6+

12. Likes iyonk, is that my watch, worker, Greg, Sedi liked this post
    have been pretty busy in the studio... no G today.. just wearing this simple auto since the mornin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Continuing our monthly WRUW for the month of May.

I've been outside about all day hiking and enjoying some nice weather (started raining when I got home but we need the rain).

A few hours till May but I'll go ahead and start May's thread.

I enjoy everyone's participation with all kinds of watches, not just Casio G-Shocks. Most of us have several brands of watches.

We depend on our G-Shocks when durability, toughness, and dependability are needed and we want a watch we dont have to worry about.

Anyway, have a great month of May guys, here are a few photos from today. I took my new GW2310 and my Hamilton field watch out in Pisgah Forest.
    great pics Greg
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

15. Likes iyonk, Greg liked this post
    I will be a little late in posting the next weeks because im in vcation in asia.

First Stop:
    Singapore! With my AE-1200 travel watch!

Looks like it will be a heck of a vacation. Have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    I will be a little late in posting the next weeks because im in vcation in asia.

First Stop:
    Singapore! With my AE-1200 travel watch!

18. Likes Greg, d2mac, iyonk liked this post