Likes Likes:  39
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Headphone thread

Hybrid View

Sennheiser HD 800s for me at the moment, but I am looking at some new Stax having owned them before and digging them.

The Audio Technica phones are great on a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Sennheiser HD 800s for me at the moment, but I am looking at some new Stax having owned them before and digging them.

The Audio Technica phones are great on a budget.
    Which Stax did you have?

I was really underwhelmed by the Audio Technica ATH-M50Xs too bass focused.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by jdelcue View Post
    For the price, I've honestly yet to find a better BT setup than my Sony SBH80 with SpinFit tips..

Name:  sony sbh80.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  27.0 KB
    Nice to see you here.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I have been getting into audiophile headphones a little recently and have had opportunity to try out a few different ones for extended period of time.

I have a pair of Superlux HD681 EVO and H668b. I am amazed at the quality of sound that you can get for so little money.
    I am pretty sure these headphones use the same drivers. The HD681 has little more bass, a little less sound stage and a little less sound leakage whereas the HD668b is the opposite. Honestly I'd pick these ahead of couple other more expensive headphones I have tried.
    [snip]
    I've been looking for a decent headphone for a while, and this thread me me order the HD681 EVO. I received it yesterday, and it is great. For that money, unbelievable!

Thanks for the tip,

Martin

6. Likes 93EXCivic liked this post
    I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M59xDG professional studio monitors that i use in bed because of the closed back. They have a very good seal and I don't hear other things and others don't hear sound leaking out. The sound is very good, but I still may get my first choice someday which were the Shure SRH 1540 which have the best comfort and sound to me for a closed back. They are however about three times the price of the ATs, but there is not a very good case to justify the cost. At my desk when I'm not on a call or when I'm relaxing I use HiFiMan HE-400i. I found these hard to distinguish some of the others sounding better until you got to three times the cost. For what I do I don't need $1500 headphones.

For running I use the Plantronics Backbeat bluetooth head phones. Most of the others seal out the world too much for me, where I prefer to hear cars and other traffic when I run. Because of this some of the others may sound a bit better, but for resistance to water, and staying in place while running comfortably these are my choice.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 29, 2016 at 02:16 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I don't know if anyone has heard of the Venture Electronics Monk+ earbud but it recently had the biggest audio Massdrop. I had bought some before they came up on Massdrop and they are simply incredible especially when you consider the price of $5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a nice pair of AKG over-ear for when I'm in the shop after hours and want it loud, but I struggle to find a good pair of in-ear for riding with. I thought I had tracked down a good set in Shure, but then I saw a crummy review and waffled. Too expensive to gamble on.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    I have a nice pair of AKG over-ear for when I'm in the shop after hours and want it loud, but I struggle to find a good pair of in-ear for riding with. I thought I had tracked down a good set in Shure, but then I saw a crummy review and waffled. Too expensive to gamble on.
    These aren't the most expensive pair but Fostex TE-02n in ears are pretty awesome. They have a very neutral sound signature and they are water proof.

11. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I am probably going to try out the new Apple AirPods, depending on how they review. I was not a fan of the EarPods that came with the iPhone 6 (though they were an improvement over the old, even crappier iPhone earbuds).
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking