Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WRUW June 2016 starts here

Quote Originally Posted by saskwatch View Post
    Ventex

Wow, that's taking a racing dial to a whole new level. I like it! Never seen racing hands before. Original or custom? Do you ever get a little dizzy trying to figure out the time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes saskwatch, timesofplenty liked this post

Love this Sicura. It's got a funky chrono that constantly runs in minutes and resets with the only pusher. Is there a name for that kind of movement? I have a Rhula that does the same, but the chrono hand is running seconds that resets.

saw one for sale the other week so they do come up if you like it
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchNut22 View Post
    Wow, that's taking a racing dial to a whole new level. I like it! Never seen racing hands before. Original or custom? Do you ever get a little dizzy trying to figure out the time?

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by WatchNut22 View Post

Thanks. It's easy to read the time. I don't know much about this watch, but I've seen a number of similar-looking examples in the few years since I got it.
    My collection of Vintage Chinese Mechanicals can be seen at myvcms.com

Going with a vintage Doyle Silverhorse sub. 200 this week. One of my favorite watches, came from a Hong Kong seller on ebay years ago. The pictures and listing were less than great but I took a gamble and I think it paid off. Didn't spend much on it and it's a killer IMO.
    Today he's on a vintage Swiss genuine Perlon 2-piece strap 'coz it's hot as blazes here in Monrovia

Name:  653.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  63.5 KBName:  655.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  64.3 KBName:  657.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  58.4 KBName:  659.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  66.3 KBName:  662.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  67.4 KB

8. Likes meijlinder, Dan R, saskwatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timesofplenty View Post
    Going with a vintage Doyle Silverhorse sub. 200 this week. One of my favorite watches, came from a Hong Kong seller on ebay years ago. The pictures and listing were less than great but I took a gamble and I think it paid off. Didn't spend much on it and it's a killer IMO.
    Today he's on a vintage Swiss genuine Perlon 2-piece strap 'coz it's hot as blazes here in Monrovia
    Really nice. Thanks for sharing! When the opportunity arises, please be sure to get a movement shot as well.

Cheers!

Dan

10. Likes saskwatch liked this post