Likes Likes:  554
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ££££ WRUW Thursday 2/06/2016 ££££

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    So, that's what I've been up to and why I've been MIA. Once life calms down a bit, I'll try my best to at least post more often, especially on the WRUW thread.

My best to you all!

Rod

Sorry for your loss, Rod.

Sounds like the rest is good news, glad the job is going well and congrats on the new home.

-- Wayne

2. Likes RBrylawski, JAGtime liked this post
    Hello Everyone. Sorry for being MIA for the last few months. To day that life has been a bit complicated is an understatement. So watches just had to take a back seat. Plus my current collection is very satisfying, so when I'm not on the hunt, it's a bit harder to be on a forum, looking at beautiful watches when there's no budget for one.

But enough about that. Work has been difficult to say the least. I think some may remember a little over a year ago, I started at a new firm which meant I was truly starting all over. I'm 100% commission, so I had to really hunker down and get some clients and fill some positions. Things are finally going well on that front.

My elderly father who was in a nursing home and wasn't in very good shape to begin with, became very ill over the last 6 months, and that took a lot of our spare time. I'm sorry to say he passed away a little over a week ago, but I'm grateful he is no longer suffering and I hope he is now with my mother and his parents and brothers who passed before him.

And then we got the bright idea that we are tired of condo living and the week before my father's passing, we put our condo on the market, which sold in 5 days to an all cash buyer and we're now moving in 3 weeks to a brand new town home with a real backyard and no condo association fees. But now we're panic stricken because we have to move and pack this place up in just 3 weeks, with Charlie having to do all the packing while I work all day.

So, that's what I've been up to and why I've been MIA. Once life calms down a bit, I'll try my best to at least post more often, especially on the WRUW thread.

My best to you all!

Rod
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    All the best mate

4. Likes RBrylawski, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Please accept my condolences rod on your loss . Take things easy and thanks for letting us know at what must be a stressful and difficult time .DW.

Billy Super Duper
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    sorry for your loss Rod - and hope the move is trouble free and goes smoothly -good to see you back -peter
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Sorry for your loss, Rod.

Sounds like the rest is good news, glad the job is going well and congrats on the new home.

-- Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    All the best mate
    Thank you all so much.....
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

Hello Everyone. Sorry for being MIA for the last few months. To day that life has been a bit complicated is an understatement. So watches just had to take a back seat. Plus my current collection is very satisfying, so when I'm not on the hunt, it's a bit harder to be on a forum, looking at beautiful watches when there's no budget for one.

But enough about that. Work has been difficult to say the least. I think some may remember a little over a year ago, I started at a new firm which meant I was truly starting all over. I'm 100% commission, so I had to really hunker down and get some clients and fill some positions. Things are finally going well on that front.

My elderly father who was in a nursing home and wasn't in very good shape to begin with, became very ill over the last 6 months, and that took a lot of our spare time. I'm sorry to say he passed away a little over a week ago, but I'm grateful he is no longer suffering and I hope he is now with my mother and his parents and brothers who passed before him.

And then we got the bright idea that we are tired of condo living and the week before my father's passing, we put our condo on the market, which sold in 5 days to an all cash buyer and we're now moving in 3 weeks to a brand new town home with a real backyard and no condo association fees. But now we're panic stricken because we have to move and pack this place up in just 3 weeks, with Charlie having to do all the packing while I work all day.

My best to you all!

Rod
    Sorry for your loss, Rod. I know (and I'm sure most of us do) how traumatic it can be.

Hope you'll get some free time - in the near future - to come here a bit more often, if possible.

All the best to you!

C

7. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Sorry for your loss, Rod. I know (and I'm sure most of us do) how traumatic it can be.

Hope you'll get some free time - in the near future - to come here a bit more often, if possible.

All the best to you!

C
    Thanks C! I'll be back, promise. Yes I will!
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

9. Likes CFR liked this post

My best to you all!

Rod
    So sorry to hear about the passing of your dad, Rod. It is hard to lose a parent at any age. Sounds like a lot has been going on for you, but hopefully, things will calm down soon. Congratulations on your new home. Great to hear from you. Yes, it is!

Jane
    Last edited by JAGtime; Jun 3, 2016 at 04:19 PM.