Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** I've since flipped it. ****

**** I've since flipped it. ****

well was looking over some old threads and thought this was a bit of fun on how many occasion we go on and on about a new watch and how much we love it and so forth and then a few months a year later and we have the WIS irony of these immortal words ....

I've since flipped it.

sound like you ? which was yours then ?

mine there have been a few yes I know it's similar to my no longer with us watch thread.

**** Those That Was ****

I was thinking more for this the back story the reason behind it or our thoughts as well as our pics ....

There must be a few so what one is my first hmmm got some still honeymoon watches my 3133 / cwc/ pulsar /

Ones I thought I never would but did hmmm .....

Will it be russian like the world time Raketa...

My Sicura ...

Funny thing is I have not missed them really enjoyed them and sold on to member who loves them just as much as me so all good and no feeling of missing them as yet ...

so mine will be

**** KOMANDIRSKIE 350514 ****

Could not wait to get it but for some reason it did not last and worse after waiting so long for it when sold it did not make much which was a surprise as out of stock everywhere at the time plus if in was a two months to get so thought that would help keep the price up

Let's here your story's of watches that got released

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Trying to really keep my collection number down this fell on the block when I wanted to add a Panerai back to the group. I really like to looks of this one and the strap made it so much more wearable for me. On paper this looks very similar to the Rolex Explorer II. In execution it is not as readable, and the arrow hand blocks out the date for more than 5 minutes every hour. This was my second AT and while I keep telling myself I would like the new Ti Good Planet version that would probably not be a good move. I'm 99% convinced it is those arrow hands. I love the way they look in pictures, but they just don't work for me in person. Had the same issue with the Omega Divers that have them. In one third the time I have already worn the Pam four times as much as the AT so I'm pretty certain this was the right move.

Possibly this is a bit to dressy for me.

Last edited by Samanator; Jun 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes is that my watch, JAGtime, CFR liked this post
    that's the thing ant it some watches are so different on the wrist to how they look in pics .. yes I would like a small well define collection myself am going that way slowly but think it's hard not to end up with lots of watches as you see one you want if you have a set amount of watches then some things got to go to have the new flavour of the month it is surprising that things change if you keep to this ..

with my russian now had the fun on owning some that wanted to try out but know they will be moved on at some point and others I thought that of and are still with me like the world raketa saw one at a price was just too good to say no too so ended up buying it again so one back in the collection
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I do miss this one. But ok now it has a good home, so I sleep well at night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Likes JAGtime, is that my watch, CFR, Samanator liked this post
    Unfortunately I'm a bit like Master Yoda....So I probably will never sell any of mine

http://youtu.be/HS1XxStkpOE

9. Likes Samanator liked this post
    I could fill an entire thread with watches that have come and gone. Most of the time, I sell watches when I want to buy something else or when the collection gets out of hand (which is happening now).

There are a few which didn't work for me regardless of how much I wanted them to. Top of that list would be the Speedy Alaska Project. I loved that watch. Still do.

But what I did not like was winding it. I would regularly pass over it because it just wasn't worth going through the trouble of winding it. And I prefer manual wound movements over automatics. Unfortunately for me, the combination of pushers and the semi shrouded crown made it unpleasant and the watch just sat around. I sold it out of frustration for a ridiculous price, which made it even worse.

Flip it No flippin way

On the flipping topic...
    A couple of mine came in with much fanfare and left quietly, somewhat more quickly after arrival than I anticipated.

A few months ago I was very excited to discover and obtain exampels of some really high-grade hand-wound Bulova models from the late 1950s. They used a really appealing top-quality movement with adjustments and 23 jewels:

However, once I got the wristwatches in hand, though I was pleased with the purchases and the condition, I realized I wasn't going to wear them much. Sometimes one simply cannot judge until the watch is on the wrist.

They are very cool models and I had no complaints, but I sold them (luckily without losing money) after a brief period of acquaintance. I did keep a couple NOS examples of the movement shown above, in case I have opportunity to build a project watch with a larger sized case...

Here are the two pieces that came and went:

Pretty nice, accurate US-made watches.
    I hope the new owner is having fun with them.
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Unfortunately I'm a bit like Master Yoda....So I probably will never sell any of mine

http://youtu.be/HS1XxStkpOE
    Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Flip it No flippin way
    I thought that but needs must so had to sell a load and then I found out It made choices easier so it helped and so am planing a small collection now with sales every so often till I get to say 30 or so keepers but 25 would be a good goal for watches collection amount maybe
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I could fill an entire thread with watches that have come and gone. Most of the time, I sell watches when I want to buy something else or when the collection gets out of hand (which is happening now).

There are a few which didn't work for me regardless of how much I wanted them to. Top of that list would be the Speedy Alaska Project. I loved that watch. Still do.

But what I did not like was winding it. I would regularly pass over it because it just wasn't worth going through the trouble of winding it. And I prefer manual wound movements over automatics. Unfortunately for me, the combination of pushers and the semi shrouded crown made it unpleasant and the watch just sat around. I sold it out of frustration for a ridiculous price, which made it even worse.

got a thread for that

**** Those That Was ****

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

16. Likes FuzzyB, Samanator liked this post