Likes Likes:  4,825
Page 1 of 266 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of dive watch fans out there for sure! WRUW?

Lots of dive watch fans out there for sure! WRUW?

First post in this section, seems like a What R U Wearing thread waiting to happen! Lots of pics of dive watches would be a great addition to the Forum, so I'll start off. Today I happen to be wearing my CWC Royal Navy Diver, though it's currently on a coyote tan Zulu band.

So what dive watch are you wearing today?
    Last edited by T Bone; Nov 12, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

2. Likes CamB, josh, iceman66, N/A, gnuyork, is that my watch liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Nice one, T Bone! I am wearing my newest acquisition, a Jenny Caribbean 300 reissue. The newly released model comes with a beads of rice bracelet, which I haven't installed yet. Quite a good deal at under $1K including the bracelet.

Nice Jenny! (Pronounced sort of like Yenni or Yani or sort of a mix of the two in Europe). I just saw those recently, thinking about one. You will love the BOR bracelet I'll bet!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    First post in this section, seems like a What R U Wearing thread waiting to happen! Lots of pics of dive watches would be a great addition to the Forum, so I'll start off. Today I happen to be wearing my CWC Royal Navy Diver, though it's currently on a coyote tan Zulu band.

So what dive watch are you wearing today?
    I used to own this exact watch. I can't remember why I sold it.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Nice Jenny! (Pronounced sort of like Yenni or Yani or sort of a mix of the two in Europe). I just saw those recently, thinking about one. You will love the BOR bracelet I'll bet!
    I have one of the original Doxa Caribbean Subs with the bracelet, but this appears to be the improved version. Looks beefier and also has screws instead of pins and collars.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I used to own this exact watch. I can't remember why I sold it.
    I do remember why another former "big name" Forum dive watch Moderator said he sold his. The "T" on the dial denotes tritium. Should glow on it's own. It doesn't. But charge it with a light, and it glows as brightly as any Super Luminova coated watch I have. Asked him if he'd tried that, he never did. Didn't even occur to him. I've contacted CWC in the past to inquire of the tritium content. Always given vague but positive responses for the most part. I don't believe it for a minute. The glow is all SL, no tritium. The "T" is there for historical, not factual accuracy. I'm fine with that. Really like the watch -I think the only one I have with fixed bars! (But not the only one with a "T" sans tritium).
    Regards, T Bone

8. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I do remember why another former "big name" Forum dive watch Moderator said he sold his. The "T" on the dial denotes tritium. Should glow on it's own. It doesn't. But charge it with a light, and it glows as brightly as any Super Luminova coated watch I have. Asked him if he'd tried that, he never did. Didn't even occur to him. I've contacted CWC in the past to inquire of the tritium content. Always given vague but positive responses for the most part. I don't believe it for a minute. The glow is all SL, no tritium. The "T" is there for historical, not factual accuracy. I'm fine with that. Really like the watch -I think the only one I have with fixed bars! (But not the only one with a "T" sans tritium).
    Tritium is still heavily regulated if I remember right. And nobody is putting them in watches that aren't vials.

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    I have one of the original Doxa Caribbean Subs with the bracelet, but this appears to be the improved version. Looks beefier and also has screws instead of pins and collars.
    Doxa switched to screws for the bracelets sometime around the release of the GMT models, or nearly 10 years ago (actually 2006 I think).. Bought my Divingstar GMT in 2006 I'm pretty sure. I know it was near new when I took it to Baghdad, wore it most of the time I was off work. I went in November 2006, returning in March 2007.
    Regards, T Bone

Quick phone shot of my choice today.

12. Likes CamB, josh, gnuyork, is that my watch liked this post
    Posting in the first WRUW thread of the Dive Watch forum... epic!