Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** what to do at half three in the morning and you're jonesing for a donut.... ***

**** what to do at half three in the morning and you're jonesing for a donut.... ***

Well made you look

What do you do when you can't sleep count sheep ... count all your watches work out your deficits play solitaire fix a broke watch... build a watch from modded parts write a thread watch late night bingo well yes probably as I have just done all that....

But no it's shop the bay so what weird and wacky thing do you see on the bay in the early hours of the morning I'm talking watches and the like after all it's a family show and all that...

Did you snag a bargain or more then like a tat lot ...

let's see those late night vino filled buys ...

Or do you love a blurry pic. that's my gamble of choice trying to guess what that blurry pic is have got quiet good at it pick up a few decent watches. I am some times out on size hmmm lets not go in to details lets just say the diver from the other day was point in proof .. but I was not that far out it was in good condition after a quick battery change and a clean it's in full working order the only problem it was a 28mm hmmm yes but not my worse or for that matter the best...

so let's here them story's guys/girls.....

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I'll have to ask my dogs...
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

Never happens to me - I sleep very well. However, I'd probably make pancakes, as I've never made donuts.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Never happens to me - I sleep very well.
    ^^^ That. If anything, I sleep too well
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

My sleep is crap. Crazy schedule, among other things, so I'm frequently up in the wee hours. Sometimes I'll tinker with watches, but rarely will I tackle anything tricky. Lots of websurfing for watches, but I haven't made any wee-hour purchases yet. After a number of beers one evening, I did purchase a Mondaine, though.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes geoffbot, pepperami, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    My sleep is crap. Crazy schedule, among other things, so I'm frequently up in the wee hours. Sometimes I'll tinker with watches, but rarely will I tackle anything tricky. Lots of websurfing for watches, but I haven't made any wee-hour purchases yet. After a number of beers one evening, I did purchase a Mondaine, though.
    I can't sleep if I have a big project starting that day or I ran into a problem in the middle of something. I sometimes wake up with the solution. Unless I've exhausted myself the day before I've been know to get up and start working on something in these wee hours. Mostly I take on things that hopefully don't make much noise. I'm always doing projects and I'm also a big planner. probably a good thing that Home Depot and Lowes are not open 24 hours or I would be there. One time for example I woke up around 2am and sealed my paver driveway when I could not sleep. I figured out how to mark where I had coated and it is pretty well lit so I did not have to go back a retouch anything. When my neighbor came over at 7am to help me I had everything cleaned up, and took a shower so I just took him to breakfast. I helped him the week before to do his so I had the process down. I've never thought to cook anything during this time.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post
    yes tend to try to keep the noise down as the old folks don't sleep well as it is so maybe sometimes if they are having a restless night might make me in turn feel restless I tend to start doing thread ideas that I build on during these times in to workable threads sometimes find loads of useless facts passes the time and amuses me
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

11. Likes popoki nui liked this post

13. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I'll have to weigh in on the negative effects of chocolate and sleep. As much as I adore the stuff, any chocolate after 6pm for me and I'm up all night.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I'll have to weigh in on the negative effects of chocolate and sleep. As much as I adore the stuff, any chocolate after 6pm for me and I'm up all night.
    Think it depends what.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/moser-roth-ch...63574006582600

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/13553.htm

Much is bloated with sugar whereas the higher cocoa very little. These work for me
    Could be why drinking chocolate used to be , before it is mainly now full of rubbish.

http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop.../hot-chocolate

Haven't got around to trying these yet
    Ginger sounds ace
    Last edited by Strela167; Jul 4, 2016 at 05:35 AM.

16. Likes popoki nui liked this post