Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded 'strap recommendation' request...

The dreaded 'strap recommendation' request...

Hi all,
    The members of this forum hav an amazing variety of watch types and strap experiences. I'd be grateful for your recommendations of replacements for the original strap on this watch:

The OEM strap is ~20mm wide and, as you can see, it folds around the fixed lugs and is held in a closed loop by two screws.
    I'm exploring replacement options (for both style and longevity) and am open to any recommendations (though keeping the prices reasonable is preferred).
    Maybe NATO? Maybe some other sort of attachment method? I would particularly be interested in a metal (esp. mesh) bracelet option.

This business of not having spring bars or removable rods is alien to me!
    Thanks,
    Brad
    Last edited by watch carefully; Jun 30, 2016 at 02:16 PM.

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    i really think a metal option is out of the question on that shaped lug - i think generally is open ended straps for that but the choices of type and texture tend to be quite limited Name:  DSCF1079__50258_zoom.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  40.7 KB

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Hi Brad, just curious, if you open the 4 screws on the caseback, are the lugs held by screws and removeable? (like panerai wire lug)

i've been inspecting your picture and yes it's tough for straps options...

are you good with doing small knots? it seem that form this case the alternative option is manufacture a strap with similar kind of design but with two holes on the side that you can knot some thick threads or using another removeable two screws..

or find a onepiece leather zulu that will be thin enough to be inserted on the lug.

good luck Brad..

=========================

never mind.. Peter beat me to it.. that's a great solution/option !!
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Hi Brad, just curious, if you open the 4 screws on the caseback, are the lugs held by screws and removeable? (like panerai wire lug)
    I've not opened the watch, but have seen an image of the case components of the chronograph version (below) and I am not optimistic because it has a funky lug-length adjustment method. I'll check it out first-hand, though.

are you good with doing small knots? it seem that form this case the alternative option is manufacture a strap with similar kind of design but with two holes on the side that you can knot some thick threads
    It's worth considering, but I have short, stubby bass-player fingers!
    Last edited by watch carefully; Jun 30, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i really think a metal option is out of the question on that shaped lug - i think generally is open ended straps for that but the choices of type and texture tend to be quite limited
    So, I'm completely ignorant of this type of strap. How does one initiate closure?:

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Yup! i'm curious myself! i just find out about that interesting design strap! wonder how it work?
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

that looks a particularly aggressive open end -simply fold over and the adhesive backing seals it down - think i would prefer a nice leather single piece strap myself - yours very similar to ww2 era fixed lug military type so maybe a single piecewould look the part Name:  $_3.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  24.6 KBthese are simpler and less 'aggressive ' and quickly applied or interchanged but perhaps not what you would prefer Name:  OE-Strap-3.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  23.1 KB but there is no metal to metal
    Last edited by shameless; Jun 30, 2016 at 03:55 PM.

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Yup! i'm curious myself! i just find out about that interesting design strap! wonder how it work?
    I fear there is some permanent adhesive involved.

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Google "Louisiana Clip"

Few other options ....

http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...raps-20mm.html
    Last edited by ro63rto; Jun 30, 2016 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Google "Louisiana Clip"

Few other options ....

http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...raps-20mm.html

Yes, that would be my suggestion. I've had some Rios straps with the clip system and they work well. Easy to fix and remove, unlike glued ends.