Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Got my old 6309 going again!!

Got my old 6309 going again!!

Hi all

I have two Seiko Turtles (6309 dive watch), One I put together using parts from all over the world (This packed in first!) And another that I 'won' on fleabay!!

The Fleabay watch was full of wabi sabi, The lume was crumbling and falling off the dial but I loved the old girl!!

One day this just stopped too, There was no power at all getting through to the balance so it was put away to send in for service/repair, I found iot again around two or three weeks ago so I opened it up and spun the balance wheel then quickly I applied a watchmakers drive to the gear at the bottom of the barrel, After a couple of goes it kept going!! YIPPE!!! Whatever microscopic roaming piece foreign matter was stuck in there had been flung/pushed out!!

It's still going well and keeping very good time against my Radio controlled Casio!!!

My fave old Ugly Duckling which has a non original bezel and hands!!

This is the other one that I put together! I bought the hands from Ramon (The watch collector on Ebay), The hour hand fitted perfectly, The minute hand was tight but the second hand was so undersized that it wouldn't fit, I went through a large pile of spares watches before I found an old Swiss one jewel unadjusted watch that had the same sized send hand so I nicked the strange shaoped hand and fitted it!!

The lume was redone by a friend on another forum, He wasn't happy how it had turned out at 9 o'clock, He gave me the dial so I bought most parts from other countries!!

I then decided to buy a couple of sets of Plongeur hands from Yobokies but then misplaced them!! I've found them now though!!

John

2. Likes is that my watch, iyonk, Broker liked this post
    Awesome classis Seiko diver.. Thanks for sharing John!
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap