Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I usually don't link to other forums but great fake discussion here:

Blog Entries

I usually don't link to other forums but great fake discussion here:

Learn from this thread: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=485435

They are getting scary good. So good it fooled half of the experts there.

2. Likes is that my watch, pepperami, geoffbot liked this post
    well not a rolex kinda guy but that was quite a good waste of a hour or so to read it .. it was also a insight in to the members too

now the big question what did you think at first

so do you think scammer or dupe ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well not a rolex kinda guy but that was quite a good waste of a hour or so to read it .. it was also a insight in to the members too

now the big question what did you think at first

so do you think scammer or dupe ?
    My initial indication is always scam at first. Call it a byproduct of my many years working scammers over on the other watch site. I've literally exposed over 100 scammers and boy do they get upset when I post their information. But seeing as he had a questionable sale in the past he's either a good scammer or very dumb. Scammers usually haul tail when they are caught. This guy stuck around and even posted more photos. It was ridiculously dumb of him to go have his Rolex authenticated at a pawn shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    My initial indication is always scam at first. Call it a byproduct of my many years working scammers over on the other watch site. I've literally exposed over 100 scammers and boy do they get upset when I post their information. But seeing as he had a questionable sale in the past he's either a good scammer or very dumb. Scammers usually haul tail when they are caught. This guy stuck around and even posted more photos. It was ridiculously dumb of him to go have his Rolex authenticated at a pawn shop.
    yes even I thought you what on that one

think maybe he had seen a couple of watches that was questionable and thought he could get them at a good price then move them on saying nothing and hoping for a quick buck maybe ..

but if that was the case bit dumb to try and move them on a Rolex watch forum where there will be members who have a clue what they should or should not look like but ...

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I can't see any of the pics in the ad though !, I haven't learnt much

I do like the idea of poo-pooing on the actual advert page by members , why can't we have that here ? ...........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I can't see any of the pics in the ad though !, I haven't learnt much

I do like the idea of poo-pooing on the actual advert page by members , why can't we have that here ? ...........
    There are pics farther into their thread. That's where I saw the watch.

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    And this goes to why I will never buy a used Rolex unless it's at an AD and has been certified. They're too good. I saw the misaligned date and thought maybe that's a trick of the angle and the cyclops. But everything else they guy mentions would not have caught my eye, and I have a pretty good attention to detail.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

This is why I always say buy new with a Rolex. There used prices are so inflated on used SS models anyway that it's scarcely any more expensive, especially if you consider the interest free credit that's often available.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

12. Likes GaryF liked this post
    +1 for new Rolexes, and only from an AD.

I went into a store in Singapore that services, refinishes and sells used Rolexes. I very quickly realized I had no idea what I was doing and go the heck out of there. Especially when you have no idea of the service history and the marked price is 80% of new!

At the AD, I not only got the exact iteration I wanted, but it came with a 5-year international guarantee, the whole AD experience and seller-buyer relationship, but I also got a decent discount. In fact, the price I paid, when converted to USD and with the GST refund taken into account, was lower than well known Stateside overstock companies selling online without a manufacturer's guarantee.

In the end I got a brand new watch, box and papers with my name on the invoice for less than I have seen used ones go for. In fact, the deal seemed so good, I went back to my hotel just to check that the seller was legit!

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    +1 for new Rolexes, and only from an AD.

I went into a store in Singapore that services, refinishes and sells used Rolexes. I very quickly realized I had no idea what I was doing and go the heck out of there. Especially when you have no idea of the service history and the marked price is 80% of new!

At the AD, I not only got the exact iteration I wanted, but it came with a 5-year international guarantee, the whole AD experience and seller-buyer relationship, but I also got a decent discount. In fact, the price I paid, when converted to USD and with the GST refund taken into account, was lower than well known Stateside overstock companies selling online without a manufacturer's guarantee.

In the end I got a brand new watch, box and papers with my name on the invoice for less than I have seen used ones go for. In fact, the deal seemed so good, I went back to my hotel just to check that the seller was legit!
    as they say do your home work which you did and then you know whats what and where to go for the best price/service/seller
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy