Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRUW August 2016 starts here

WRUW August 2016 starts here

Well friends think my start for this month is my oldest I think it is... we were guessing a bit on it was Dan and I in a thread I did about it a good while ago it was in a bottom of a job lot and when first saw thought a bit of modern rep but when It came it's turn to have a closer look turn out to be a mechanical but so light thought quartz.

unbranded and well worn but has a certain charm wears small but has a certain presence that make it a second look think it was converted from a early ladies pocket watch from the movement shot any way , and it's worked from the gecko and that saying something think at a guess around a 90 years old maybe mid 1920's I think we guess at

Some wonderful pic's last month and I will try and post more here but seem to be wearing the famous five mostly now

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Very nice! It has an elaborate bridge system for something with so few jewels. Then again, lady's watches never received the attention they needed.

Any identifying marks on that movement? I am having no luck making them out on the picture.

Thanks!

Dan

from what I remember it was unmarked apart from the regulating arm markings the dial may have had a name at some point but has fade away maybe and would think the hands are gold .. not sure on the case think base metal .. but you can't really see in the pic, but it still even has the sub-six hand a lot I have seen. seem to lose that as with some case they fit around the movement and stem so people open them and if the sub-hand has come loose tend to lose them.

saw a job lot last night that had some old watches and three out the four had the sub-hands missing but on one of the shots they did they had taken the three out the case for pics so good chance that when lost
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes Dan R liked this post
    and yes had a few ladies watch come and go but don't really tend to do much with them as the size had a few sekondas and the liga and a few smiths but because of the size of the movement and my fat finger I don't both doing much with them and just job-lot them got about ten that's going as part of a job lot am doing now some do work.. I have a quick look and a blow to see if bits are jamming any thing and have seen as I said a couple of really nice sekondas and there was one can't think of the name but did have a lovely movement ..

so next time I get any if I remember I might do some threads on them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Dan R liked this post
    well russian but from the 70's so all good

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes Dan R liked this post
    well this for now but if I do decide to do some gardening then it will get changed out
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post
    yes indeed
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post

Rick

15. Likes Dan R, Smeagal liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Any idea as to the movement in the Croton?

Thanks!

Dan

Put on this

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

18. Likes is that my watch, Dan R liked this post