Likes Likes:  12,938
Page 721 of 893 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723731771821 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 8925

Thread: Food

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Bought some skin-on sockeye salmon fillets yesterday. Want to cook them in a pan as opposed to on the oven. Any tips? Haven’t cooked skin-on salmon in a while.
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Dry the salmon really well. Place the salmon on something flat like a cookie sheet, skin side up. Stick that in the fridge, uncovered, for about an hour. Make crosswise slits through the skin every inch or so, but don't cut too deep. In the last picture you can see I went a bit too deep because I was too lazy to sharpen my knife sufficiently.

Then do as Raza says. Don't skimp on the oil. If your cast iron pan is properly seasoned you should be able to use it, but if you've got a non-stick that can take the heat without warping use it. You want the fish almost cooked before turning. The flesh side needs only a minute right at the end. To keep it even moister I spoon the hot oil over the flesh as soon as I drop it.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

2. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    This:
    Why the slits? What do they do?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

As the skin crisps it shrinks a bit. If you don't have slits it is liable to wrinkle slightly to relieve pressure and thena good portion of the skin will not rest flat on the pan.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries
    As the skin crisps it shrinks a bit. If you don't have slits it is liable to wrinkle slightly to relieve pressure and thena good portion of the skin will not rest flat on the pan.
    Huh, I never thought about that. Good thinking.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Mushroom overload!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Mushroom overload!
    Those look great.

I found these golfing recently. Hit a ball into the trees and came out with a prize.

Name:  49963ad9-8853-4ede-9144-662d50b87711.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  65.9 KB
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

9. Likes geoffbot, skywatch, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I believe more effort went into this than the end result made use of, but it was interesting nonetheless. Made enchiladas but with zucchini through the mandolin. The effort was in making the enchilada sauce, which I went make without brown butter. And so I made brown butter. Then a scratch sauce. Really these were fairly traditional, the meat is Turkey mince not beef and then of course the zucchini, but otherwise it's not too far from the beaten path. Unless this kind of thing has to be orthodox in your book in which case I'm probably in the wrong for even using the word enchilada when describing this abomination.

Name:  20181019_171019.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  43.1 KB

I only got this in progress shot but it wasn't much to look at out of the oven or on the plate. Flavours were great and my main concern was that it would be too wet when finished due to the zucchini, but it wasn't and had a more than acceptable consistency. Would try again. If I had brown butter already made.

11. Likes geoffbot, Henry Krinkle, Martin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I bought an immersion blender. I’m psyched to make whipped cauliflower.
    Curried cauliflower soup is just an immersion away as well. A fall staple for me, just thinking about it perks my tastebuds. I think I've posted mine before but would give you the notes if interested.

13. Likes Raza, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Part 1.

Part 2 (poor mans big green egg)

End Result

15. Likes skywatch, geoffbot, Martin, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Blog Entries
    An annual month-long event: attack of the Fuyu persimmons. The struggle is real!

Name:  FuyuAttack2018sm.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  90.8 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

17. Likes geoffbot, Henry Krinkle, Martin liked this post