Likes Likes:  12,939
Page 773 of 893 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 8926

Thread: Food

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Very tasty!

Mock-Burger I'm guessing? What's the base for it?
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Concerned about the slab of earthworms, or brains , but guess mushrooms and onions will save the day

3. Likes skywatch liked this post
    https://www.planetorganic.com/naturl...filiate_Window

]

Rehydrated SOYA protein/ isolate (58%), Water, Coconut oil, SOYA flour, WHEAT gluten, ALMOND, Penny bun mushroom, Tomato, Fermented dextrose, Tapioca starch, Salt, Malt extract (BARLEY), Colouring (Beetroot), Natural flavouring, Maltodextrin, Stabiliser (Methylcellulose).

More protein and less fat and mince.

Tastes good!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries

]

Rehydrated SOYA protein/ isolate (58%), Water, Coconut oil, SOYA flour, WHEAT gluten, ALMOND, Penny bun mushroom, Tomato, Fermented dextrose, Tapioca starch, Salt, Malt extract (BARLEY), Colouring (Beetroot), Natural flavouring, Maltodextrin, Stabiliser (Methylcellulose).

Tastes good!
    I am sure it tastes good. Back in the 80s when I started work, there was this UK mag called the New Scientist. Every now and then they had a cartoon and they would talk about "new food." This is highly reminiscent of those panels. I would stick with beans and greens.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    I am sure it tastes good. Back in the 80s when I started work, there was this UK mag called the New Scientist. Every now and then they had a cartoon and they would talk about "new food." This is highly reminiscent of those panels. I would stick with beans and greens.

Dan
    Gets pretty boring if you're veggie!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post

Dan
    Gets pretty boring if you're veggie!
    Beans and greens and/or rice and beans would be my choices. We already do these things a lot. There are so many fantastic options there. I try to minimise my soy intake.

I tried a non-soy meat substitute a while ago as a burger. While it was hot it tasted quite good, but as it cooled it gained this unpleasant aftertaste. This is only my preference. but I am not really keen on meat substitutes. If it helps people go veg, that's great, but it would not be a frequent choice for me.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries

Tastes good!

Thanks for the data. I am totally OK with good meat substitutes. I also eat meat, but feel a kinship with veggie diets. I was veggie during most of the '80s. Here at home we eat mostly fresh vegetables (many homegrown) with beans or whole grains, meat or fish treated as an ingredient rather than centerpiece. I feel similarly uncomfortable with highly processed vegetarian products as with any processed food though, as I feel they participate in a different problem of separating us from the actual food we eat by way of manufacturing. Whatever - at a certain point, as population increases, vegetarian diets will be the only good way forward and technology will need to help people get the proteins they need (when they don't do their dietary homework at least.)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

10. Likes geoffbot, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Thanks for the data. I am totally OK with good meat substitutes. I also eat meat, but feel a kinship with veggie diets. I was veggie during most of the '80s. Here at home we eat mostly fresh vegetables (many homegrown) with beans or whole grains, meat or fish treated as an ingredient rather than centerpiece. I feel similarly uncomfortable with highly processed vegetarian products as with any processed food though, as I feel they participate in a different problem of separating us from the actual food we eat by way of manufacturing. Whatever - at a certain point, as population increases, vegetarian diets will be the only good way forward and technology will need to help people get the proteins they need (when they don't do their dietary homework at least.)
    I eat loads of veg, just replace meat with supplements. I used to eat processed bacon and sausages which is definitely less healthy than what I eat now.

Morello cherry crepes.
    Name:  IMG_20190425_030955.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  88.5 KB

Almond crepes with a cream cheese, sugar, vanilla filling, topped with cherry syrup.

13. Likes Henry Krinkle, Martin liked this post
    I used to use a meat substitute when making meatless lasagne with meat sauce or spag with meat sauce. Then one day I made this fake mince with quinoa, which is a grain I hate, a variety of mushrooms and a cheap sharpish red wine. It was delicious, far better than the meat substitute and it had a texture not unlike ground meat. The best part,? No factory processing.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

15. Likes skywatch, boatme99 liked this post