Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seiko 7t32-7c40

Seiko 7t32-7c40

New arrival all the way from Spain.
    Sold as parts watch for less than a pizza.

Sellers pic - Looked ok.......

My pics tell another story.

Nice blue dial - Comes with full set of links.

Few scratches showing on the crystal.

Lume mod in bezel possibility?

I spy rust on stem - But a new battery and a reset shows there's life.

Button C - Alarm setting pusher seized with crud

Watch completely dismantled inc pushers (not movement) and given a serious cleaning with sonic toothbrush and Dove soap.

Now I come to a halt.
    HOW THE HECK DO I PUT THE C CLIPS BACK ONTO THE PUSHERS

Any ideas on the c clip procedure?

I want to close this up and see if it all works.

Thanks

hhmmm can't say I do got any pics don't think I have taken one out.. had pusher just sit in the case so if you got some pics might be able to give it a educated guess maybe if that helps ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Only the pic with the back off above. Packed it away for the time being. Need to order gasket set and new glass.

Found on another forum....
    Get an old 1.5mm screwdriver and use a dremel cutting disk to make a 0.6mm cut. This will leave the perfect arc to remove the clip without it pinging into the stratosphere (did that and spent 45mins searching the carpet for it)
    To re-insert c-clip place over the slot in pusher, hold in place with tiny dab of silicone grease and push down with modified screwdriver.

Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Only the pic with the back off above. Packed it away for the time being. Need to order gasket set and new glass.

Found on another forum....
    Get an old 1.5mm screwdriver and use a dremel cutting disk to make a 0.6mm cut. This will leave the perfect arc to remove the clip without it pinging into the stratosphere (did that and spent 45mins searching the carpet for it)
    To re-insert c-clip place over the slot in pusher, hold in place with tiny dab of silicone grease and push down with modified screwdriver.
    was going to say it looks like a collar and pin so could you not hold the collar in place if you found them and then push the pusher in from out side the case so the collar locks on to it to hold in place ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1