Likes Likes:  234
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The trouble with G-Shocks

well had no problems but cutting them down can't see a problem with that have done that with natos
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I find that the straps on the g-shocks are quite long. Does G-Shock offer small straps? Or do people just cut 'em up?
    I did cut the excess tail of my GW5600j... some i can live with, but this is the only one i cut and i'm glad i didn't mess it up..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

I always wanted a Frogman. I think for anyone who has a physical job it's a great work watch. That is, if you have the wrist to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I find that the straps on the g-shocks are quite long. Does G-Shock offer small straps? Or do people just cut 'em up?

I cut the strap on this one, the G-8000 -

Name:  G8000.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  43.8 KB

You can achieve a neat result if you take care with shaping and finish the cut end with an emery board or sandpaper.

I had three G-8000s, two plain, one orange. One of them was stolen on a WUS 'watch travel'. It was travelling around the world, then didn't move from Sweden. I knew who it was, even had a look at his house on Street View, but what can you do?

5. Likes iyonk, is that my watch liked this post
    I've ordered a GD-350. Blackout version. I'm the commando type, as anyone who has met me will confirm.

Big, black and rubbery, G-Shock primaeval to the core. Function-first efficiency. £56.

Can't wait to fiddle with the buttons, and it will be just the thing for local history society meetings in the Methodist Chapel.

7. Likes meijlinder, Greg, is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Congrats on ordering the GD350. The 3403 module is awesome. Great functions and features. Extremely legible display too.

And it's one of the few models that display current time in STW, CDT mode with numerals actually large enough to see clearly.

It's a big G but shaped in a way so it's not over bearing at all.

Here's a pic of one I had.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    sure they do an adaptor that changes it up to a normal spring bar don't they ? sure I have spoke of this before ?

I don't think they make them for every model.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Going vintage is fun...

Earlier this year I got this vintage while I was in Akita

While the rest are the regular ones

The one that I wear while I did my camino de Santiago earlier this year alongside my pam 441

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Congrats on ordering the GD350. The 3403 module is awesome. Great functions and features. Extremely legible display too.

And it's one of the few models that display current time in STW, CDT mode with numerals actually large enough to see clearly.

It's a big G but shaped in a way so it's not over bearing at all.

Here's a pic of one I had.

You're right about the module - it's outstanding. I was going to go for the 1ER version but discovered that it's virtually unobtainable. I could have imported one at some expense but this was meant to be a cheap fun purchase.

Anyway, the blackout version will match my balaclava.

13. Likes is that my watch, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I don't think they make them for every model.
    not sure every model but seen some different models sporting it depends really but could be an option if you like the model see if they do an adaptor for it then if so win.. if not shame but maybe the next will fit it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1