Likes Likes:  748
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: <<<<< WRUW - NOVEMBER 2016 >>>>>

Hybrid View

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes is that my watch, d2mac, iyonk, Greg, Sedi liked this post
    well it arrived but is very d.o.a not sure of how to change that on this model

it was the 394 MDV 701
    Last edited by is that my watch; Nov 10, 2016 at 03:00 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well it arrived but is very d.o.a not sure of how to change that on this model

it was the 394 MDV 701
    Congrats ismy. I had no luck guessing that model.

Hope you get it going and post some pics.

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Congrats ismy. I had no luck guessing that model.

Hope you get it going and post some pics.
    as an analogy watch there's not much way to fix a quartz movement like you can for a digital as there are more things to check on a multi screen module, where a basic quartz movement works or it don't as it is sealed you can only really try new battery's check the size of battery's and check the contact point which all look fine look's in really good shape inside it just don't want to work .. so apart from getting a new movement and swapping it out nowt much I can do soooo .

will box up the head for now and if I see a working one with a shot case then might do a complete dial/movement swap which is really simple so yeah looks like I over paid for a vintage Casio bracelet then as that the only use-able part at the minute

but said bracelet looks like a jubilee style Casio brand one, so good bracelet just a little expensive
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

as an analogy watch there's not much way to fix a quartz movement like you can for a digital as there are more things to check on a multi screen module, where a basic quartz movement works or it don't as it is sealed you can only really try new battery's check the size of battery's and check the contact point which all look fine look's in really good shape inside it just don't want to work .. so apart from getting a new movement and swapping it out nowt much I can do soooo .

will box up the head for now and if I see a working one with a shot case then might do a complete dial/movement swap which is really simple so yeah looks like I over paid for a vintage Casio bracelet then as that the only use-able part at the minute

but said bracelet looks like a jubilee style Casio brand one, so good bracelet just a little expensive
    Sorry to hear that ismy. That's the biggest problem buying sight unseen. You never really know what you're getting till you get it in hand.

I've gotten a few duds along the way also. Usually cant rely on the description by the seller, they usually dont know much about what they are selling.

Hopefully one with a working movement will pop and you can get it running.

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Sorry to hear that ismy. That's the biggest problem buying sight unseen. You never really know what you're getting till you get it in hand.

I've gotten a few duds along the way also. Usually cant rely on the description by the seller, they usually dont know much about what they are selling.

Hopefully one with a working movement will pop and you can get it running.
    yeah like taking a chance every now and then .. got a pulsar diver waiting a new movement and got a couple of mdv that got a decent case dial and hands waiting a donor .. like seeing if I can fix them enjoying tinker me. does not matter what really will have a go at fixing most things

and bought a promater 200 m that says needs a new battery looks like some tried with the scratches on the back just waiting for a new tool to open it as my two prong watch back remover ant cutting it .. so am hoping as no one has got in to it that it might be savable so all part of the fun
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Sometimes miyota movements are used by Casio.
    Maybe you can find out the type for a spare.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Sometimes miyota movements are used by Casio.
    Maybe you can find out the type for a spare.
    try that before with mixed results I rebuilt a friends pulsar g10 ..that is still going doing that but was a Seiko movement I think he had order the one needed and I just stripped it down and replace the movement ..

but I bought ones twice that turn out to be the wrong ones ... or in case of the pulsar diver I mention the movement was quite costly so going down the route of buying a beat up one for the movement works better if am patient enough
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

also some times it's good to get a feel for them and if you like them before hunting down one's in better condition / expensive as with old models you can't really try them on in a shop
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    wearing Vostok on the morning and gwm500 for working..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap