Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damasko's Dive Watch

Damasko's Dive Watch

Damasko has announced that they will be releasing their first dive watch, which will be available in January. It is 43mm diameter, made of sub steel and features 300m water resistance. There are only a few pictures available, but it looks like it will be an interesting watch for discussion.

(Picture pulled from Damasko's forum on Watchuseek)

Here's the only wrist shot I could find. (Picture posted by Reyken on Watchuseek)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Nov 12, 2016 at 07:17 PM.

Thoughts
    It doesn't have the dramatic starkness of their usual black or 'white' models.

I've grown to attach that to the brand , this doesn't look like a Damasko, save the brand name on the dial.

Looks like anyone could have made that, .....whereas only Damasko can/could build a Damasko.

Sorry, that's my first reaction to seeing it here.......

3. Likes CFR, FuzzyB liked this post
    Hmmm......kickstarter...obscure micro-brand...

Sorry.

5. Likes FuzzyB, Seriously liked this post
    I posted it without my thoughts just in case I may offend anyone.

I'm sure it is a well-built watch, but it just doesn't seem worthy of being called a Damasko based on the design. Damasko's designs are almost universally clean and simple, with an excellent balance.

The multiple colors throws that out the window.

The date placement ignores the thoughtful placements that define the brand.

The crown is not well-matched to the watch.

The bezel and dial look like they are straight from the Chinese watch assembler's catalogs.

The hands are typical micro-brand offerings and have become cliche, imo.

One thing I do like about the watch is the lack of text cluttering up the dial. The dial color itself is nice, too.

Supposedly they will be releasing a black-dialed version, which may look a little better.

7. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    it just doesn't seem worthy of being called a Damasko based on the design. Damasko's designs are almost universally clean and simple, with an excellent balance.
    This !

The multiple colors throws that out the window.
    This too !

The date placement ignores the thoughtful placements that define the brand.
    Possibly (I can't fully agree with this one , cos 45 date placement doesn't really upset me

The crown is not well-matched to the watch.
    This !

The bezel and dial look like they are straight from the Chinese watch assembler's catalogs.
    Absolutely this , but I didn't want to give my reply too much negativity

The hands are typical micro-brand offerings and have become cliche, imo.

**** it, pretty much all what you've said !!

One thing I do like about the watch is the lack of text cluttering up the dial. The dial color itself is nice, too.

I can't agree with you on either of these points though !
    I summed it up in one of my first remarks, ANYONE could have built that , it certainly ain't, 'no way, not ever' a classic Damasko

Overall I didn't like it

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Hmmm......kickstarter...obscure micro-brand...

Sorry.
    This. Exactly.

Miyota powered, $300 for early subscribers.

But if its available in Tegimated I'm in............

Only fully Tegimated mind

Saw this on Instagram earlier. Think Brian summed up my thoughts as well.

Plonguer hands feel very far from Damasko for me.

Too many colours. And doesn't orange just look grey once you actually go diving?