Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damasko's Dive Watch

Bump for update:

Did they scrap this after the less-than-positive reception? I looked at a couple Damasko sites and don't see it.

I'm curious because after being critical of the rather Kickstarter-y design someone didn't like that and came up with the "your opinion doesn't matter because you haven't made a watch" argument/defense.

Well I have now (not that the argument is actually valid) a functioning dive watch which is almost as German-made as the Damasko, despite Canadian assembly. The case and dial are German, the movement is a top grade ÉTA and I personally believe it's better looking than the Damasko, especially the date.

So thoughts on my arrogance? And any update on a possible Damasko redesign? Their pilots are just so freakin' great, but they don't seem to do too well outside of that niche. First was the GMT that looks like an Éterna homage, now this Kickstarter-styled diver...

Name:  IMG_20170728_155314.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  55.7 KB
    Last edited by Dimman; Jul 28, 2017 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Forgot the pic, doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
    Bump for update:

Did they scrap this after the less-than-positive reception? I looked at a couple Damasko sites and don't see it.

I'm curious because after being critical of the rather Kickstarter-y design someone didn't like that and came up with the "your opinion doesn't matter because you haven't made a watch" argument/defense.

Well I have now (not that the argument is actually valid) a functioning dive watch which is almost as German-made as the Damasko, despite Canadian assembly. The case and dial are German, the movement is a top grade ÉTA and I personally believe it's better looking than the Damasko, especially the date.

So thoughts on my arrogance? And any update on a possible Damasko redesign? Their pilots are just so freakin' great, but they don't seem to do too well outside of that niche. First was the GMT that looks like an Éterna homage, now this Kickstarter-styled diver...

Name:  IMG_20170728_155314.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  55.7 KB
    That does look a lot better than Damasko's offering.

I haven't seen any news regarding their diver, but I also haven't been looking for any either. They set the bar high with their pilot's watch, and it is a shame they didn't come close with their diver. It could have been a special watch.

Tribe's comments in his Memory Dump thread are probably very relevant. He said something about Konrad Damasko's making a lot of ugly watches before arriving at the pilot's watch design. Hopefully he shows the same persistence with the diver's design.