Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded MUDMAN G9300 reset problem...

I got 12 Mudman 9300s and never had this issue with any of them, FWIW.

And the 12th

2. Likes nelamvr6, Rocat, olyeller68 liked this post
    Yeah i could say the same with mine several days ago... have it a year without a single issue... have no clue what cause the random rest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    I got 12 Mudman 9300s and never had this issue with any of them, FWIW.

And the 12th

I haven't had any issues with mine either, but I've only had it a few months.

I really like your disassemble photos Iyonk. It is very nice to know the case back and lug holes are reinforced with metal threads. I always wondered if changing the battery or strap a few times would wreak the plastic threads. I like the fact the threads are metal inserts. Very good design.

It is unfortunate that the Mudman shares the undercut lug design that the Rangeman has. It is prone to breaking under (lots of?) stress. It seems that the lug style is on most of the larger Gs from other disassemble pictures I've seen. I wish the lugs were stronger so I didn't have to worry, I've read about 2 breakages personally with the Rangeman.

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    yes i bought it new.. i still wore it last week... so it sits on the drawer just less than a week... its the first time it reset it self though.

i dont have the confidence to bring it to the service centre since most of the owner who experience the same problem still got the watch that has the same potential problem... it think it is a bug issue on the firmware..

i might still keep it and wear it occationally but i honestly feel disappointed since the main attraction from g-shock for me is the dependability.
    Hi Iyonk... Sorry to hear abt the reset problem... I hope it behaves well after the reset. Is it from a 2013 manufactured batch or a 2014 batch.

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Mine is 202A207C. Which is 207th day of 2013 or July 26, 2013.

I think the G9300 was released in September 2011.

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    How the heck does it know the case is still open? Are the alarm springs (2?) completing a circuit to the alarm itself on the case back to close the circuit? I have never known of a G that would let you know it is still open. Crazy.

great pictures BTW Iyonk

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Just did the AC reset... the reason i did it so if the reset problem still exist-- you dont have to go thru the same route...

I'm not comfortable to open a G, but since this one need trouble shooting, so i take some pics thru the process..
    Attachment 6295

Attachment 6296

its a very nicely build G with solid construction...

and the AC is done... the display show that the caseback is still open
    Attachment 6297

the bonus pics are to show that the screw caseback holes ARE metal reinforced... dont know if the pics could show it but it definately clear when yo see them in person..
    Attachment 6298

and even the lug screw holes got metal insert... nice..

Attachment 6299

lets see how it goes... i might experiment with putting it near my phones or even wifi router... yeah sounds silly but my theory is the big cooper wire inside the module might be sensitive with some interference...

have a great day everybody..

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1979 View Post
    Hi Iyonk... Sorry to hear abt the reset problem... I hope it behaves well after the reset. Is it from a 2013 manufactured batch or a 2014 batch.
    hi ash, mine is C on the serial nimber, so it is a 2013 model..

i have put the watch on the table of my working place and so far it has not reset it self.. i put it back on the drawer again today, my theory is since my wife and boy often put multiple phones and tablet on top of the table, the enhanced signal accumulation might interfere the watch... i'll check it out closely.

14. Likes ash1979 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    How the heck does it know the case is still open? Are the alarm springs (2?) completing a circuit to the alarm itself on the case back to close the circuit? I have never known of a G that would let you know it is still open. Crazy.

great pictures BTW Iyonk
    yeah, there're seem to have a couple of springs that might work as a sencor and tell you that it is open when it doesnt touch the caseback..

btw, i did the proper AC reset with this watch... not just shorting the AC and (-) contact, but also removed battery from the compartement and wait for a couple of minutes..
    after the battery install, it will be as dead as the reset problem until you short the AC and shine the face of the watch (it has a sticker with the exact instruction on top of the battery)..

if the problem ever exist again with my watch then i think it might be multiple cell phone signal interfere theory... i'll just wait and see..

I think Casio is lowering the quality. There are few models with faults that should not exist at a supposidely indestructable watch. Stick to the simple watches is my advice