Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded MUDMAN G9300 reset problem...

Just an update...

it has been more than a week since my hard reset... so far the mudman has been doing good..
    I have out it on the same place, and below my phones.. i made incoming and outgoing calls and so on, activate the wifi and so on and so far it has not reset it self at all.
    so I honestly no clue what cause the problem... and so far hard reset works... will update again if anything happen.

Name:  DSCN8542.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  54.0 KB

Oh mannnn... I just realize my mudman got another glitch..

the dot matrix display seem to be faulty... it still can be checked with display test (press A B D button at the same time)... I love this watch but it seem to test my patience..

here's some pics to show the corrupted dot matrix area..

Name:  DSCN8550.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  DSCN8548.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  DSCN8544.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  DSCN8549.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  66.8 KB

even the A on SAT on the pict above seem corrupted..
    dont know what to do.. the warranty is over.. might do another reset but not sure it would help... mannn... what a bummer.

AC Reset it again and it seem to do the trick..

Name:  DSCN8551.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  DSCN8552.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  62.4 KB

can't help to think that some of my test might cause a glitch on the firmware to mesh up the display...

this is consuming more energy than i tought... may be i should put it back on its box and just store it away as collection since i dont have the heart to let it go or sell it and other may suffer =)

Dude, that sucks! Seems like you got a lemon there.

Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
    Dude, that sucks! Seems like you got a lemon there.
    i agree with you... i'm not in the mood to keep on opening it for AC reset everytime it got some glitches.

I always put this G9300 on my drawer in my bedroom beside my DW5030c since I like this watch... i think its time to store it away.. no more wasting time tested the cause of problems.

I'm sorry to see these problems with your mudman Iyonk. My 9300 hasnt displayed any of these problems but yours and plenty of others have. I thought casio would have fixed these issues after they arose in 2011, but it doesnt look that way. Ours were produced in 2013.

I always liked the 9000 series mudman models better anyway even with the stiff buttons. Now I have another reason to like them even more.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    It's a huge shame what has happened to you, I was reading this thread when I was recently looking for a new G-shock. I removed the 9300 from the short list, it's not cool that this happens at all. Good luck and hope your future watch purchases are free from trouble.

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dobber72 View Post
    It's a huge shame what has happened to you, I was reading this thread when I was recently looking for a new G-shock. I removed the 9300 from the short list, it's not cool that this happens at all. Good luck and hope your future watch purchases are free from trouble.
    thanks dobber..I really like this G, , and would still wear it occationaly to enjoy it.. but i wont depend on it since i'm not confident enough with it... my screwback square would always be my main G anyway..

i honestly regret the purchase, but life goes on... its a great thing that G-Shocks are affordable..

and yes greg, my G9000 never even blink with any glitch... it is a stable,solid and tried/tested model... to bad it doesnt sit on my wrist as comfy as the G9300.

hope i can find better model next time.

11. Likes Greg liked this post
    Elsewhere on another forum..... The reset glitch occurred to someone after a year I believe. The reset does not seem to cure the issue.

13. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Elsewhere on another forum..... The reset glitch occurred to someone after a year I believe. The reset does not seem to cure the issue.
    yes, i also read that... i know after these several AC reset that my watch would might still act funny...

its great that i have other G and not solely depend ot this mudman.