Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Seiko Museum Tokyo

Seiko Museum Tokyo

I thought I'd share some photos from my recent trip to Japan which included a stop at the Seiko Museum. We made a booking for a iPad aided tour, there were also English speaking tour guides available, the iPad came in pretty handy and gave you a little bit more info than was on display. The Museum was pretty easy to find with the instructions on the website too.

Fair warning though there's quite a few photos below.

The ground floor has a section on the history of timekeeping with a sundial and other ancient methods.

As well as a Grandfather clock, Marine Chronometers and early pocketwatches from both Seiko and others. There were some early minute repeater pocket watches too, which were quite ornate.

There was another room with their Sports timing gear, from the Tokyo Olympics in 1964 through to modern timing devices.

Going up a level to the second storey there was a small room with early Japanese clocks, some that were previously in imperial palaces, however I don't have photos of those sorry.

The rest of the second level was about Seiko history from their earliest clocks through to the modern watches.

The first wrist watch, the Laurel.

Seikosha pocket watches

Marvel and Super

King Seiko's

Sportsmatics

57** Chronographs and a 6217 world timer

5717 and a blind watch

5740 Lord Marvel

4006 Bellmatic

Seiko 5 Sports

The first Quartz, an Astron.

There was a case with historical divers too

Then cases of modern watches

TV watches

Spacewalk Spring Drive

There was then the modern Grand Seiko's.

And finally a section of the vintage Grand Seiko's.

Starting with the first GS, a 3180.

The museum was really great, I definitely recommend it if you're in Tokyo. It was really cool to see examples of watches that I own in a Museum too.
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

2. Likes meijlinder, nordland_nl, Volgo, HKEd, DJW GB liked this post

4. Likes nordland_nl, stewham liked this post
    Very nice! You're lucky ...

6. Likes stewham liked this post