Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming to "good" watches through Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire99 View Post
    You know the rules Chris- Pictures, pictures, pictures
    Name:  SWHWR3.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  292.5 KB

I dunno, I don't have many of those but I managed to dig one up
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

2. Likes geoffbot, CFR, Fire99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire99 View Post
    Always wanted the Omega Seamster with the wave dials, and after working on my wife for thirteen years she finally caved. When I went to purchase the watch I was immediately taken with the PO and had to have it. That wave dial kept haunting me for a year until I had to have it. Now I have both and would never part with either- love both equally.

Attachment 1952

Attachment 1953
    You could really use one of these you know ..

Name:  SEJ1_8267.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  220.1 KB
    Last edited by muddy250; Nov 26, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

4. Likes Fire99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    You could really use one of these you know ..

Attachment 2010
    Sorry Chris, your attachment isn't showing anything. I can imagine what it is though(AT perhaps)
    Dave
    Ω Seamaster2

Omega Seamaster PO 45.5mm 2200.50-Cal 2500D
    Omega Seamaster SMP 2220.80-Cal 2500D

6. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Both my parents like watches. For me it was a Swatch moon jellyfish. Then many others until I bought my 2254.50 which led me to WUS and now onto here :-)

8. Likes Fire99 liked this post
    I took the long route before getting an Omega (Seiko > Tissot > Omega - with a sprinkle of G-Shocks in between)..

This was my first..

Coming to "good" watches through Omega.

For me it was indeed Omega, a '62 Seamaster from my dad and when I had the funds my first "real" Omega was the Seamaster GMT. Sorry for the bad pictures, I wasn't into online watches that much at that time.......

After that I found out that I am an Omega-boy. So the next one was a 2264, to me still the best Omega design ever.

Then the Seamaster Chrono came in.

And the next logical step was the PO XL.

And since yesterday the new Seamaster came in, love it.

Yep, I am an Omega fanboy

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by epezikpajoow; Nov 29, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
    "Don't count the days but make the days count"

11. Likes GaryF liked this post
    Omega was the gateway for me to this silly hobby of ours... Been a good dozen come and go over the years but the ones I've got now are definite keepers!

I've kind of stayed out of this thread since my first automatic watch back in 1985 was a TT Rolex Sub. So I have another story to tell. Back in 2003 a beautiful Asian woman I was dating wanted to return a fashion watch to Macy's while we out for diner for her birthday. There was something special about this woman so when she did the return and stated looking at other watches they had at Macy's I said lets see if we can find a real watch somewhere else in the mall. After we went to a few stores we were in a dealer that had Omega. She fell in love with the Lady Seamaster Professional so I bought it for her. A great deal of things happened that night including the Marlins beating the Yankees in the world series and we decided to move in together. Two years later Lisa wore that watch to our wedding on the beach in Costa Rica. It is in all of our wedding and honeymoon pictures from Costa Rica.

Ironically while at the same mall while waiting on a restaurant table Lisa and I wandered into the newly opened Omega Boutique. Looking at a few things Lisa fell in love with the Ladymatic watch that was just released. She would visit the boutique from time to time to retry on the ladymatic. Purple is her signature color so when they release the ladymatic with the purple diamond dial she was the one that told me. As I consolidated down my collection I decided to get her the watch from some of the funds. She was totally surprised when she opened it on Christmas Eve last year. She loves it.

You may notice a recurring thing here but while attending an Omega event this past summer at Omega Boutique in the same mall Lisa tried on a few dozen watches. After many tries she decided she liked the Liquid Metal in the 37.5 size. With the titanium case it made the watch wearable for her. The one she tried was on the blue rubber strap with deployant. She really wanted to try it on the titanium bracelet, but they did not have it. She also really liked the TT Lady Aqua Tera Co-Axial with the teak dial. She decided she wanted the PO first. I contacted my favorite Omega AD and he only had the watch with the bracelet and agreed to send it out to see if she liked that configuration. The bracelet did not really add much weight and she never really has loved straps so this was it.

Lisa still wants to get the AT some day, so that is next on her list. I've learned from writing this that I probably need to limit her visits to the Omega Boutique in that mall. Right now we both have the same number of Omegas. We kind of have an emotional tie to the brand.

The AT Lisa wants next.

Lisa made a new friend at the boutique during the Omega Event. This is probably trouble, but I like that watches are something we share.
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 30, 2014 at 11:53 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

14. Likes geoffbot, gnuyork, ken_sturrock, GaryF liked this post
    Started with a sister swatch brand, Rado.

Started with my 2254 that my wife bought me with my son as a wedding anniversary gift and the rest is history.
    Ω3 "Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we don't exist."