Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to "Made in China"

Welcome to "Made in China"

Welcome to the"Made in China" sub forum!
    This forum is for people who appreciate Chinese watches. The Chinese watch industry has a rich history, starting in the 50ties when the three major brands Sea-Gull, Beijing and Shanghai made their first watches. Now this industry supplies a range of watches from several dollars to 3D-tourbillons and minute repeaters that will cost more than the average car.
    Here we can discuss the entire range, from vintage to new, from cheap to expensive. The only no-go area is of course replicas.

Name:  sg_3d.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  32.5 KB
    Sea-Gull 3D tourbillon
    Last edited by Martin; Nov 13, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    just a quick thanks and hi sounds great looking forward to it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes Martin liked this post
    Got this two years ago from a shopping channel Chinese movement well made and still keeps good time
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

6. Likes is that my watch, Martin, DJW GB liked this post
    Another two don't know the movements
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Savagely Average
    Looking forward to seeing what this forum brings. You rarely ever see posts about the great watches that come from China

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    Another two don't know the movements
    I'm not completely sure, but I think the left one is a Shanghai 2L movement, and the one on the right a SeaGull ST16. Also the Earnshaw probably is an ST16.

Anyway, nice watches!

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what this forum brings. You rarely ever see posts about the great watches that come from China
    And they do have some beauty's. Just stumbled on this one yesterday:

12. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB, MHe225 liked this post
    Subscribing even though I am not a huge fan of Chinese watches yet.
    But, since Martin takes the most sexy pics, and most of my Parnis work OK, I look forward to better watches coming out from that country in the future. They have to - they can't make crap forever. It's impossible. All in good time. Maybe it's already begun?

PS: The only thing I will NOT touch is their mechanical chronos. Two watches - both died within weeks.
    But their copies of 7750 and all ETA 3-handers seem fine.

14. Likes Martin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    I look forward to better watches coming out from that country in the future. They have to - they can't make crap forever. It's impossible. All in good time. Maybe it's already begun?

It's begun

16. Likes DJW GB, MHe225 liked this post
    saw this what's the thought on it and what sort of price is the right sort of price

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1