Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Strapping Dilemma - Sinn edition

A Strapping Dilemma - Sinn edition

Since the new Sinn arrived a couple weeks ago, I've been struggling with which strap to stick on it. The blue gator print is just a bit too much blue for my liking.

Unfortunately, a lot of my straps are inaccessible at the moment, so my options were limited.

Here's the original:

First up was a Hirsch vintage. I used to wear this on an RGM pilots watch with a black dial and loved the look. I'm not so sure if it works with the blue dial though but I could be convinced.

Next up was a Bradystrap sailcloth with blue stitching. I've had this strap for years and never found the right watch for it. My wife liked this combo much more than the first.

If still like to try the whiskey shell cordovan from the gray Sinn 556. My other thought is a dark brown suede strap. I have a light gray suede I may try out for fun (and to see if I like the texture with the dial). Thoughts?

The OEM strap and the Bradystrap look good. The Hirsch, well...not so much. Still, my vote would go to the OEM.

I like em all. What are you looking for. Anything Grey will look great

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I like simple leather straps (usually brown) with hidden stitching on pretty much all watches. Sailcloth on divers is an option. From the above I'd choose the sailcloth.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    The OEM strap and the Bradystrap look good. The Hirsch, well...not so much. Still, my vote would go to the OEM.
    My wife shares your opinion. She did not care for the Hirsch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    I like em all. What are you looking for. Anything Grey will look great

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    Thanks, William! I'd like something more casual than the gator print OEM. A nice brown vintage leather may be the right way to go.

I'm terrible with the task of choosing straps, but the hirsch makes me think that the strap I'm currently choosing would work well...

A suede (brushed) version of that brown hirsch

8. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I like simple leather straps (usually brown) with hidden stitching on pretty much all watches. Sailcloth on divers is an option. From the above I'd choose the sailcloth.
    That's generally my preference as well. My Iyonk would be perfect except for the fact that it's 22mm and the Sinn has 20mm lugs. I should have some other options in my strap drawer but my straps have been relocated for Christmas redecorating.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Thanks, William! I'd like something more casual than the gator print OEM. A nice brown vintage leather may be the right way to go.

rockin'ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

11. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I'm terrible with the task of choosing straps, but the hirsch makes me think that the strap I'm currently choosing would work well...

A suede (brushed) version of that brown hirsch
    That thread is what got me thinking a brown suede would look good. I must be the anti-Raza because I am not a fan of 20mm straps. They always seem a little too thin for me, particularly when they have contrasting stitching the length of the strap.

13. Likes Seriously liked this post