Likes Likes:  103
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 'Marine' watch

Wow, 6.6mm!
    You said it was going to be thin!

My Smiths Jewelled is about 8, and I never measured my Luchs

Congrats!
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Wow, 6.6mm!
    You said it was going to be thin!
    It's that Peseux 7001 , ~3mm high from bottom of movement to top of hands
    https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DefaultDesktop.aspx?tabindex=2&tabid=28&Caliber=70 01

I've got one or two with that movement , my Eberhards and a Zeno watch Basel
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Nomos say their Alpha movement, based on the Peseux 7001, is 2.6mm.

They might not be including the hands, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Nomos say their Alpha movement, based on the Peseux 7001, is 2.6mm.

They might not be including the hands, though.
    Yeah, I checked the 3rd document in my link (because I was curious as to what they included in the measurement) which measures from (almost) the back side to the top of the hand pinions

the other datasheets specify 2.5mm as the thickness , but they’re obviously ignoring the pinions and just measuring the overall plates thickness

Name:  021D5765-4752-4A26-B72B-7D2FAFFF7BB3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  71.2 KB
    Last edited by Seriously; Sep 14, 2018 at 05:08 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

5. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    Having been caught out on a few sites over the years I take listings, measurements and studio pics. with a pinch of salt nowadays.
    Very little info. on the Buran. Until Irina sent the pics. of profile and case back when asked a while back had only seen head on and tilted views.
    Suspected from the profile , which has been proved , it has lowered lugs
    Which means about five and a half mm thick ... yes , ace. Pretty cool for a two piece dial, the sunray is faceted too.
    They were right about the lugs, 20mm , swapped strap now. 38mm case , 45mm lug to lug

7. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Name:  BILD3851.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  64.9 KBName:  BILD3852.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  98.7 KB

Makes some thin look thick
    The Poljot loses due to such an high dome, case is very thin though

9. Likes OhDark30 liked this post

11. Likes OhDark30, KennethRSloan, hayday, synequano liked this post
    Oh

Name:  BILD4558.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  35.1 KBName:  BILD4561.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  64.8 KBName:  BILD4577.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  42.1 KBName:  BILD4552.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  50.9 KBName:  BILD4555.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  54.2 KB

When unpacking it was ticking away , not unusual on hand winds , and about a min. fast , assume due to no minute markings not set right , just to see that it still works perhaps.
    Thought these had gone forever, no longer listed, far too much at full price, still a lot in their sale , but...

Started to wind , and wind , and wind , 129 half turns , don't know how much was remaining so shall check when wound down. This morning wound up to the stop pont , 20 half winds. As it's rated for 120 hours perhaps two dozen a day , about the norm. perhaps.

13. Likes TigerDore, synequano, mlcor liked this post
    I like the look of some of the marine watches, but I do not understand this category. I haven't seen one marine watch that could actually be used in a marine environment. The ones I have seen all have less than 50m WR, usually 30m. I would not step on a boat with a 30m WR watch.