Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** what watch for the end of the year ****

In early 1988, I picked up my steel Pulsar P3 Date Command -not working- for $20 from my watchmaker friend Eddie Lee. It was my second Pulsar, and my second repair attempt. I got it working and wore it a lot.
    Name:  P3 dec 18 1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  49.3 KB
    For several years, my partner at the time and I would go to one of the smaller islands here for awesome New Year's Eve parties. That year, I wore the Pulsar. Most people had forgotten about these silly watches, but as we were all off our faces a bit, it was pretty trippy watching the glowing red digits count down to midnight, and the date flipping over from 12.31 to 1.1.
    Name:  Pulsar New Year 1.jpg
Size:  27.1 KBName:  Pulsar New Year 2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  38.7 KB
    I guess you had to be there. A New Year's party to remember for a lot of reasons, but this watch has become my official New Year's Eve watch every year since then, and will be again this year.

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Dec 28, 2016 at 05:07 PM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I won't know my end of the year watch until the random number app tells me on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    In early 1988, I picked up my steel Pulsar P3 Date Command -not working- for $20 from my watchmaker friend Eddie Lee. It was my second Pulsar, and my second repair attempt. I got it working and wore it a lot.
    Name:  P3 dec 18 1.jpg
Size:  49.3 KB
    For several years, my partner at the time and I would go to one of the smaller islands here for awesome New Year's Eve parties. That year, I wore the Pulsar. Most people had forgotten about these silly watches, but as we were all off our faces a bit, it was pretty trippy watching the glowing red digits count down to midnight, and the date flipping over from 12.31 to 1.1.
    Name:  Pulsar New Year 1.jpg
Size:  27.1 KBName:  Pulsar New Year 2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  38.7 KB
    I guess you had to be there. A New Year's party to remember for a lot of reasons, but this watch has become my official New Year's Eve watch every year since then, and will be again this year.

~Sherry.
    cool story cool watch
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes popoki nui liked this post