Likes Likes:  130
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WRUW January 2017 starts here:

WRUW January 2017 starts here:

Well welcome my Russian friends well last year was grand on the old watch front saw some lovely one's had a few sold a few got to check some out lovely so welcome to the first WRUW of 2017 my choice is my 3133 as been wearing it a lot last year so can see it getting lots of arm time this year too...

well been know to do a bit on Russian cultural here on the WRUW each month ...think am going to change it up a bit and do a few on the same line this year so going to be cars of Russia this time round a different one each month I think...

To get the ball rolling I am going for a 1962-Gaz-M21-Volga it always been a eye catches I think so some pics and a bit of history I think yes indeed

1962-Gaz-M21-Volga:

The GAZ M21 was a Soviet automobile produced between 1956 and 1970, The GAZ M21 Volga is an automobile which was produced in the Soviet Union by GAZ ("Gorki Automobiljni Zavod", in English : "Gorky automobile factory") from 1956 to 1970. The first car to carry the Volga name, it was developed in the early 1950s. Volgas were built with high ground clearance (which gives it a specific "high" look, contrary to "low-long-sleek" look of Western cars of similar design), rugged suspension, strong and forgiving engine, and rustproofing on a scale unheard of in the 1950s.

The Volga was stylistically in line with the major United States manufacturers of the period in which it was introduced, and incorporated such then-luxury features as the reclining front seat, cigarette lighter, heater, windshield washer and 3-wave radio.
    When in 1959 the 6-cylinder line of GAZ cars was discontinued, Volga M-21 became the biggest and most luxurious car officially sold to individual owners in the USSR in large quantities, though its price was very high and made it unavailable for most car buyers. 639,478 cars were produced in total.

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 7, 2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: pic link failed :(
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Strela167, DJW GB, SpaceAgeSoul, iyonk liked this post

4. Likes DJW GB, is that my watch, iyonk liked this post

6. Likes DJW GB, is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

Well welcome my Russian friends well last year was grand on the old watch front saw some lovely one's had a few sold a few got to check some out lovely so welcome to the first WRUW of 2017 my choice is my 3133 as been wearing it a lot last year so can see it getting lots of arm time this year too...

well been know to do a bit on Russian cultural here on the WRUW each month ...think am going to change it up a bit and do a few on the same line this year so going to be cars of Russia this time round a different one each month I think...

To get the ball rolling I am going for a 1962-Gaz-M21-Volga it always been a eye catches I think so some pics and a bit of history I think yes indeed

1962-Gaz-M21-Volga:

The GAZ M21 was a Soviet automobile produced between 1956 and 1970, The GAZ M21 Volga is an automobile which was produced in the Soviet Union by GAZ ("Gorki Automobiljni Zavod", in English : "Gorky automobile factory") from 1956 to 1970. The first car to carry the Volga name, it was developed in the early 1950s. Volgas were built with high ground clearance (which gives it a specific "high" look, contrary to "low-long-sleek" look of Western cars of similar design), rugged suspension, strong and forgiving engine, and rustproofing on a scale unheard of in the 1950s.

The Volga was stylistically in line with the major United States manufacturers of the period in which it was introduced, and incorporated such then-luxury features as the reclining front seat, cigarette lighter, heater, windshield washer and 3-wave radio.
    When in 1959 the 6-cylinder line of GAZ cars was discontinued, Volga M-21 became the biggest and most luxurious car officially sold to individual owners in the USSR in large quantities, though its price was very high and made it unavailable for most car buyers. 639,478 cars were produced in total.

As always Ismy
    Beautiful cars! I just love Soviet design aesthetics, they really speak to me.

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAgeSoul View Post
    Beautiful cars! I just love Soviet design aesthetics, they really speak to me.
    yes love their art movement too

**** Tatlin, 'Construction Art' and Productivism ****

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes SpaceAgeSoul liked this post

...and Happy New Year everyone !

12. Likes DJW GB, Strela167, iyonk liked this post

14. Likes DJW GB, Volgo, is that my watch, iyonk liked this post

16. Likes DJW GB, iyonk, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Name:  BILD1842.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  92.9 KB
    Luv this one very much!

just curious Dave, do you have any Russian or Chinese watches that you want to sell/let go?

i still pretty much enjoying this one..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

18. Likes Strela167, is that my watch liked this post
    there based on the radio room watches

Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 11, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

20. Likes DJW GB, iyonk, Strela167 liked this post