Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stowa 90th anniversary watches

Some real photos and I can't wait.

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Some real photos and I can't wait.

Larry
    Which variation did you end up ordering, Larry?

As much as I usually dislike dates when a no-date option is available, I actually went with the date model for this watch. The date wheel on the old Durowe movement has a vintage charm to it that I couldn't resist.

I ordered the non date, polished and solid case back version.

4. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I ordered the non date, polished and solid case back version.
    I believe that will be as different from mine as is possible. I just checked my request and mine will have a matte case and display back in addition to the date hole in the front.

Mine should look just like this.

I do admit that the polished case looks amazing in the latest photos.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I believe that will be as different from mine as is possible. I just checked my request and mine will have a matte case and display back in addition to the date hole in the front.

Mine should look just like this.

I do admit that the polished case looks amazing in the latest photos.
    That looks like a great font for the date wheel though

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    That looks like a great font for the date wheel though
    That's one of the reasons why I opted for the date option. And unlike many watches, the date window appears to add more depth to the dial than the no date, although the no-date version looks great in the pictures posted so far.

Now that the final versions are out, I'm switching up my choice a bit.

Name:  MABL_ohneDatm_poliert_matt_640.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  254.5 KB

Name:  MABL_Datum_poliert_matt_640.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  246.0 KB

With the deeper blue, I'm going to go with the polished case. It just looks so nice with the polished hands. I'm still sticking with the date. It goes against my natural tendencies, but I like the looks of the font on the date wheel and it breaks up the sea of blue.

Mine should look like this:

Name:  MABL_Datum_Makro_poliert_640.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  60.6 KB
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Apr 12, 2017 at 12:32 AM.

9. Likes Larry, meijlinder liked this post
    Every photo they look better and better. I'll stick with my choice of polished, and you're right, the polished hands do look great with the polished case.

11. Likes FuzzyB liked this post

Stowa 90th anniversary watches

For whatever reason, I associate Stowa watches with brushed cases. Part of that must be from Jörg's reputation for casework. I tried adding up all of the Stowa watches I've owned and the number is greater than 10. All but 2 or 3 had brushed cases. This will be my first with a blue dial, so I may as well shake things up as much as possible.

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    It seems some on WUS are now getting confirmation emails as to their desired watch configuration. Not me though.