Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The quirky world of Casio

Blog Entries

The quirky world of Casio

Over the years Casio has created some really "interesting watches. I thought I would nab some pics from Ebay to show you the different things that Casio has come up with over the years. This is what innovation is to me. I love Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Patek, etc, etc but this is pushing the limits of watchmaking. Some are terrible, some are superb and some are timeless classics which will probably never fade from view. Enjoy:

1. DIGITAL COMPASS

2. ALTIMETER/COMPASS

3. SUPER SLALOMER

4. MELODY ALARM

5. COSMO FLIGHT

6. BLOOD PRESSURE

7. PULSE CHECK

8. CYBER CROSS

9. CAMERA

10. TV REMOTE

11. FLIP TOP CALCULATOR

12. DATA BANK

13. THERMOMETER

14. CHAMPION RACER

well the G'shock guys have got loads they can put up for you but just a few of mine theirs new old and vintage just the first ten I got well had
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes CFR, Greg, iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    some more of mine
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes CFR, Greg, iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Nice collection. I was posting the more "out there" models so people could see some of the directions Casio has taken over the years.

7. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Nice collection. I was posting the more "out there" models so people could see some of the directions Casio has taken over the years.
    yes they have had some out there ones some of the ones I posted are from the 80's / 90's some are modern remember over in the g'shock sub-form there was a thread about some of there more out there ones nearly bought a few of alto ones and some of the early range men ones too .. I look out for some of there old models both digital and anglog in job lots and repair them and set them free again ..

love some of there early mdv / dw got a couple of old favourites but the movement are shot so look for new parts
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 26, 2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: dam spelling :(
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes Greg liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yes they have had some out there ones some of the ones I posted are from the 80's / 90's some are modern remember over in the g'shock sub-form there was a thread about some of there more out there ones nearly bought a few of alto ones and some of the early range men ones too .. I look out for some of there old models both digital and anglog in job lots and repair them and set them free again ..

love some of there early md / dw got a couple of old favourites but the movement are shot so long for new parts
    How do you repair them? Do you mean internally? Just curious. I imagine there aren't a lot of parts around for the 70ish/80ish models.

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Broker, Greg, iyonk, popoki nui, Sedi liked this post
    How do you repair them? Do you mean internally? Just curious. I imagine there aren't a lot of parts around for the 70ish/80ish models.
    yeah sherry does more of a complete strip down and repair .. with me I tend to strip down and tinker with them some times if faults due to battery leaks or some time not properly re-set or dirty or damage due to fitting the battery wrong lose a retaining clip and good chance it wont work. take the T90 it had bad battery leak damage which I thought had killed it but managed to save it ..
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes CFR, Greg, iyonk, popoki nui, Sedi liked this post
    also some times you cannibalise parts of other none working ones to make one working one
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

16. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quirky
    Last edited by Broker; Jan 26, 2017 at 08:08 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869