Likes Likes:  3,791
Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314
Results 3,131 to 3,133 of 3133

Thread: MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    bugger sussed the problem there was two things wrong with it the hair spring was jammed up there was no free movement so took the arm off and the hair spring cog and arm was not attached small problem new arm/cog would fix that but the major problem if you look at the second pic it had a dial that had only one pin so had been glued on looks like the glue has got in to the winding cogs so even thou I can pull it and push it through the time set / winding set I can't do much else if you look you can actually see it
    gonna message the seller later and tell him heís an ar*e
    Sorry youíve had such a hard time with it. Hopefully the replacement arrives Saturday and itís all hunky dorey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

Yes, if you havenít guessed by now itís my movement ismy is sweating and toiling over. Itís from a Gagarin that arrived from Ukraine last week.
    Been after a screw back cased 17jeweled Gagarin for ages now. I was outbid on three over the last couple of months so when this one came up with a buy it now I pounced. It arrived not working so yours truly had a pop at it to no avail. The seller said send it back after much backwards and forwards on eBay messages but tbh I couldnít be arsed having to pay to send it back and then wait for the inevitable argument where the seller tries to accuse the buyer of breaking said watch and refusing to pay out.
    Just seems easier to get a much more competent watch tinkerer than myself to have a bash at it. Then ismy found a replacement 17 jewel movement on eBay for reasonable dosh so Iíve ordered that and weíre just waiting. Or rather Iím waiting and poor old ismy is wishing heíd never volunteered his services . Sorry mate, when my lottery win comes in youíre the first to choose the watch of your dreams on me

Right, Iím going to sleep itís been a long night. Have a good day people. Hopefully I wake up early enough for a chat before I go back to the coalface tonight