Likes Likes:  6,132
Page 263 of 501 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5001

Thread: MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    cheers mate yeah it's a keeper for sure think the subs going but this is going to collection for sure can sit next my other one this one
    Well glad you found something that you like as much in the "flesh" as it were. The sub didn't last long mate, what do you not like about it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suppose if honest worry about clouting it on a door frame as it's in really a good state but almost did it once so worry of wrecking it some watches look ok with dinks that one not sure on oh it's nice and shiny but just some feel right some feel wrong and it feels wrong and not sure why
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Name:  s-l1600 (90).jpg
Views: 53
Size:  33.5 KBName:  s-l1600 (91).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  28.5 KBName:  s-l1600 (92).jpg
Views: 80
Size:  51.3 KBLiked this so won it got it at the last second
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

4. Likes The Watch Smeller, DJW GB liked this post
    where from India ? hmmm the companion rado is one of the most faked watches out there hmm the movement might be kosher maybe not sure it's the right case and the dial looks like it's had work and if those hands are gold then wrong hands too or that could just be the light maybe was it cheap ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    where from India ? hmmm the companion rado is one of the most faked watches out there hmm the movement might be kosher maybe not sure it's the right case and the dial looks like it's had work and if those hands are gold then wrong hands too or that could just be the light maybe was it cheap ?
    Not really £68 uk sellerhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Ra...72.m2749.l2649 28 bids
    Last edited by Smeagal; Aug 11, 2017 at 06:24 PM.
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

I would have doubts on that being a hundred percent kosher and that was a high price if so, seen some do half that price that was real but just gut says off... think I could be wrong thou but the dial colour don't think they did that one there was a plum colour but hmmm could just be faded but yeah . mate would not feel confident thats kosher might be worth asking scott or henry to give it a once over before you get it then if not you might get a chance to cancel the order if you wanted to ... just my opinion mate just when I was going to buy one there was more fakes then real so gave up in the end on the idea don't want to rain on your parade or anything but just though I should say some thing .. probably wrong but still worth it getting check out

Hank's rules for vintage Rados

Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 11, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Should have checked out posts just saw it and had seconds to go

could be legit maybe photos some time can be very deceiving but that price you need to know which .. sent the pics to see what Henry thinks .. you might have hit lucky did put up a link to a thread Henry did on rados might be a rework as the rado symbol looks really so might be a ok movement the rest might be a bit of a build maybe
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Could live with that thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    Could live with that thanks
    well Henry got back to me seem I was right that parts are ok but others hmmmm ...

From Henry :

Parts of it may be authentic. It's not as bad a fake as most of the Companions. The dial is a redo at the very least. The case back has been machined to remove the ref. number/model name. That is always a concern. I do not see a lot of jewels on that movement. The rotor is almost certainly authentic, but even if the movement is a genuine ETA it is made from at least three different movements and I would guess two are not Rado ETAs. If one pulled the rotor off, I bet one would find 17 jewels, at most, not the 25 advertised on the rotor.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy