Likes Likes:  6,132
Page 310 of 501 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5001

Thread: MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

Having a fly vape wearing the citizen diver

Sent from my VFD 610 using Tapatalk
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    wearing this now

oh here's the diver too

Attachment 67821
    Well done you, looks a little tidy piece. Get it on the bay mate and fingers crossed for an ice bit of profit for you about time your eBay luck changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Smeagal liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watch Smeller View Post
    Well done you, looks a little tidy piece. Get it on the bay mate and fingers crossed for an ice bit of profit for you about time your eBay luck changed.

yeah might offer it to the lads here first as a surprise gift for their partners at mates rate first
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah might offer it to the lads here first as a surprise gift for their partners at mates rate first
    I'd love to get the wife interested in watches. 4 years ago she made me spend £280 on a sodding Michael Kors monstrosity then last year she wanted an Apple Watch so I got her one......there's no hope for her 🤣🤣

6. Likes Smeagal liked this post
    I've been quite lucky picking watch gifts,
    gave a good friend this Zim on his 40th, which he wears all the time. Just put on the 3rd strap for him this weekend
    Name:  IMG_1544.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  67.4 KB

And another friend independently became a pocket watch fiend, and loves this HMT I got her through Fateh
    Name:  IMG_2137.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  96.7 KB
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

8. Likes Smeagal, The Watch Smeller, DJW GB liked this post
    well morning all wearing this one today as I plan on a very lazy one
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes OhDark30, The Watch Smeller liked this post
    weird the bottom pic would not seem to show on the wruw will have to do a new one later I think
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by The Watch Smeller View Post
    Smeagal, sorry to hear you've had a bad experience regarding our delivery service. I know I'm not personally responsible but it annoys me just the same when Royal Mail fail their delivery obligations, it's what's pays my wages after all and reflects badly on all of us in the company who still give a s***, of which there still quite a few of us.
    Just to clarify for anyone who may be following this, Royal Mail "signed for" which used to be referred to as "recorded" is not worth the label it's printed on if you require compensation for lost or misdelivery.

"Signed for" items go through the same channels as all the other non "bar coded" mails i.e. They are NOT kept separate or treated with a higher reverence as it were than regular mails. All you are paying for is a recorded barcode to say you posted it at such and such a time on such and such a date. And here's what people aren't aware of, it is NOT a guarantee that the recipient has "signed for" the item at their address.

Let me explain, due to the enormous pressures that the delivery postman is under now due to the reduction of staff and the increase of parcels and the reduction of letters your postman starts later than they used to say 12 years ago and as such arrives at most people's houses after they have gone to work. This was Royal Mail ridiculous work plan that they put in place against the unions wishes and probably the wishes of their customers (of which we are all one, including people like myself who work for the firm and receive a lot of parcels). Now, your postman is timed according to a computer controlled work plan across his/her round so gone are the days when they could have a bit of a chat with pensioners and the like and also wait at the doorstep for a few minutes in the hope that the homeowner is just slow at answering).
    Now they have a set time that they can spend at each address regardless of the size or class of item they have to deliver, otherwise they can be brought into the managers office for a dressing down as to why they are taking longer than the computer model says they should.

So what happens now with "signed for" items is that if the recipient isn't home but the item can be delivered, the postman can scan the barcode and sign for it themselves as it has been "safely delivered".

The problem with this for say an honest eBay seller such as yourself is that the recipient can claim it wasn't delivered, set up a case with eBay, win that case and claim back from you BUT you don't have a leg to stand on as Royal Mail claim the package was signed for and delivered safely.

The top and bottom of it is that if you're sending something that needs to be insured against loss, theft, mis-delivery or unscrupulous eBay buyers then "special delivery" or "registered" as it used to be called is the only way to go. The item is sorted separately in a security sealed off locker by specially trained staff at each office it arrives at and cannot be posted without the signature of somebody at the recipients address.

Now just to show that I too feel your pain I ordered from eBay about 10 days ago from two separate sellers a 17 jewel screw back Gagarin sturmanskie (of which I've been after for ages and have been outbid on quite a few in the past so I was really really excited about its arrival) and from the other seller a Gagarin bund strap, the one with his picture on.

Both arrived today, the strap (£25) has one of the the studs missing so you couldn't actually secure the watch in place and the watch ($120) itself has a broken mainspring and the seller won't get back to me.

So I feel your pain mate and I'm sorely p***** off at the moment.
    I hope you manage to resolve your issue though mate and that you know that there are still people at Royal Mail who are proud to work for the company but are very frustrated at the direction the company has taken in their race to the bottom regarding customer care.

THis is really useful, and just goes to show the buyer is always "right". If you do anything other than refund them eBay side with them - and it is a pain to get compensation from Royal Mail even if they do accept they lost it. eBay claim that if you use a "signature on delivery" service then they will accept that as proof you sent it but to be honest I do not believe them.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

13. Likes The Watch Smeller, sharkyfisher liked this post
    so got round to doing a new pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes OhDark30, The Watch Smeller liked this post
    Evening all. So I've been on the hunt for a green sub diver, love the Tisell but out of stock for the foreseeable so found these Nautec for a cheap enough price to give em a go. Not the greenest bezel admittedly but ok for the price. Unfortunately a folded steel bracelet

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

17. Likes is that my watch, Smeagal liked this post