Likes Likes:  6,132
Page 51 of 501 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinw View Post
    Just spoke to the vendor, who admits he sent my order in an envelope 2nd class, even though I paid 1st class.

Brilliant.
    Have you contacted the seller with a mind to getting a rebate on the postage ? After all you've paid for a service he advertised and then sent it via a cheaper option. Also 2nd class shouldn't take more than two days either
    Out of interest what did he charge you for postage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Watch Smeller View Post
    Have you contacted the seller with a mind to getting a rebate on the postage ? After all you've paid for a service he advertised and then sent it via a cheaper option. Also 2nd class shouldn't take more than two days either
    Out of interest what did he charge you for postage ?

£5.

And for my £5 he's flung a seiko Monster in an envelope and sent it 2nd class.

If he's at least taken the time to wrap it carefully then I wouldn't be so annoyed

£5.

If he's at least taken the time to wrap it carefully then I wouldn't be so annoyed
    pics dam you pics
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

well postie drop my case off today all most literal glad was well packed and my dial spots ..

when doing cheap quartz watches some time if the feet have got damaged or missing I tend to use double sided tape to secure it in place .. so for my 3602 hybrid I thought I would get the proper patch spots .. but they don't look any better then tape and the spots are tiny did get 30 spots and 30 strips the strips might be better size thou but could have used tape thou as this is all it is by the look of it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/G10_Watches A must read and have a laughName:  IMG_20170222_170817.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  53.3 KB
    Last edited by Smeagal; Feb 22, 2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

6. Likes Kevinw, The Watch Smeller liked this post
    Hey WS, your inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by sharkyfisher View Post
    Hey WS, your inbox is full
    Lol ! That doesn't happen often, give me a minute

£5.

Jesus ! Packets get sorted by being thrown (not far and underarm btw) but still, you want to well pack items especially watches. I've just packed up and posted the Sorna today. It was wrapped in bubble wrap, placed in a watch box, the watch box was wrapped in bubble wrap then taped then, wrapped in brown paper and taped, placed in a Jiffy bag, taped up then put in a plastic postal bag.
    Anyone who places a watch in a bit of bubble wrap then put in a Jiffy bag is taking a bit of a gamble.

10. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    grrrrr don't you just hate it when you have a faulty movement I bought a skeleton movement six months back maybe longer and gave it a quick once over seem fine well come time to use it and the screws for the dial pins won't budge almost de headed them trying the stem screw was the same got it moving in the end only for the stem cog to fall out so looks nice but a right piece of junk but to late to do a thing about it now with the seller

so going to have to sell it as faulty new and hope to regain some of the cost on it was not cheap
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    pics dam you pics
    Happy to oblige....

Incidentally this still isn't with me yet...

Anyway, I sold my orange monster due to necessity, which I deeply regret and having to sell pi$$ed me off so much it was a contributing factor to me not being around for a while....
    Well in the time since, the value of an immaculate OM seems to have gone up threefold, putting any chance of another outwith my reach.

Anyway, this one came up, at a good price, a little battered and bruised and in need of tlc...nothing I can't handle (with a little help from Harold).

First hint that things may be a little awkward was the time taken for the vendor to post.
    Like I mentioned a fiver was paid for first class post (granted not a lot), but when asked, the vendor tells me he's posted it in an envelope.....

Looking on the bright side....
    I want an immaculate monster like my old OM, and learning from the build I did with my SKX, I have quite a thorough rejuvenation in mind for this one.

If all turns out well this will be a keeper!

13. Likes is that my watch, Smeagal liked this post