Likes Likes:  6,132
Page 52 of 501 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinw View Post
    Happy to oblige....

Incidentally this still isn't with me yet...

Anyway, I sold my orange monster due to necessity, which I deeply regret and having to sell pi$$ed me off so much it was a contributing factor to me not being around for a while....
    Well in the time since, the value of an immaculate OM seems to have gone up threefold, putting any chance of another outwith my reach.

Anyway, this one came up, at a good price, a little battered and bruised and in need of tlc...nothing I can't handle (with a little help from Harold).

First hint that things may be a little awkward was the time taken for the vendor to post.
    Like I mentioned a fiver was paid for first class post (granted not a lot), but when asked, the vendor tells me he's posted it in an envelope.....

Looking on the bright side....
    I want an immaculate monster like my old OM, and learning from the build I did with my SKX, I have quite a thorough rejuvenation in mind for this one.

If all turns out well this will be a keeper!
    well it looks in ok shape from here
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Kevinw liked this post

MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

I was a bit busy pm'ing Sharky yesterday to post a picture of this new arrival....

Luckily for the seller it arrived ok as they had decided to wrap it in one little bit of bubble wrap and sling it in a Jiffy bag
    I'm quite chuffed with it. I always wanted an old "TV" style watch and never got around to getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Watch Smeller; Feb 22, 2017 at 07:18 PM.

4. Likes sharkyfisher, Smeagal, Kevinw, Churchy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watch Smeller View Post
    I was a bit busy pm'ing Sharky yesterday to post a picture of this new arrival....

Luckily for the seller it arrived ok as they had decided to wrap it in one little bit of bubble wrap and sling it in a Jiffy bag
    I'm quite chuffed with it. I always wanted an old "TV" style watch and never got around to getting one.

Ive still got my TV watch Name:  IMG_20170222_204101.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  49.1 KB
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

6. Likes The Watch Smeller liked this post
    Just at Worcester Mail centre having a brew before I set off back to Warrington.
    Wearing my OM tonight in honour of Kev replacing his

Very excited about tomorrow's incoming

8. Likes Kevinw, Smeagal, Richmond liked this post
    Back to work and snow getting heavyName:  IMG_20170223_085158.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  49.9 KB
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Morning guys, making the most of a bit of quiet time. Chloe is still asleep! Put this on last night

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

MWC vet, still collecting Churchy's Avatar
    London, I am NOT a cockney, though I live nearer to Bow Bells than most "cockneys" do.
    Blog Entries

MWC PART 8 - Made Watches Candescent

I also picked up my monster this morning, but it seems I'm having a 'thin' day and it's on the smallest micro adjust hole already. Didn't fancy a pin and collar change over breakfast so I went with this instead

Another waiting room. Opticians today. I'll have to size the bracelet later

Morning all, miserable up here, going with the Alpha,

Sent by iPhone from a galaxy far far away!

Post is due in about 30 mins
    What do we recon?
    Yeah or neigh?

morning all the winds terrible up this way and it miserable and has given me a headache for the last couple of days and have fall out of love with the 6497 movement it is a pain in the behind trying to get it to fit,

had to snip of the pin for seconds to get the dial to fit the movement even thou they said it would fit got it working and fitted in the case still waiting on hands when it stopped and does not want to work now stripped the dial off seems find will wind and set but not working can see it has a charge and everything ..got one more of there coming in and then will stick to the 3602 I think
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1