Likes Likes:  6

Thread: WRUW February 20176 starts here:

WRUW February 20176 starts here:

welcome my vintage friends. Think for the starter of this month it's going to be my vintage Yema it has started to run slow so can't really afford a service at the minute and am wearing my cardinal way more then this one so can't really justify paying to have it services so it's off to pastures new for it shortly so for old times sake thought it can be a starter for the month one last time

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Glamour shot of my Kingston (obviously not today's date).

Cheers all!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Likes Henry Krinkle, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Glamour shot of my Kingston (obviously not today's date).

Cheers all!

Dan
    That's a beauty Dan. Tell me a little about it, if you don't mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    That's a beauty Dan. Tell me a little about it, if you don't mind.
    I looked for some photos I had when I tore the watch down, but could not find them.

It's a Kingston 15j watch from the later 50s/early 60s era It is a triple date, but this one did not have a moon phase on it. It is on the smaller size, I think maybe 35mm?

The watch was NOS and the leather band was falling apart. I took it, cleaned it, and added fresh lube. I tired not to touch the dial at all. As you can see, some of the tritium bubbles have gone flat, but miraculously, the material in the hands has not cracked!

The case is a thin gold plated case with a stainless back. As with many less expensive movements of that time, the day/date advance, but the month does not, at least I do not recall it doing so.

I really like wearing it from time-to-time!

Dan

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I looked for some photos I had when I tore the watch down, but could not find them.

It's a Kingston 15j watch from the later 50s/early 60s era It is a triple date, but this one did not have a moon phase on it. It is on the smaller size, I think maybe 35mm?

The watch was NOS and the leather band was falling apart. I took it, cleaned it, and added fresh lube. I tired not to touch the dial at all. As you can see, some of the tritium bubbles have gone flat, but miraculously, the material in the hands has not cracked!

The case is a thin gold plated case with a stainless back. As with many less expensive movements of that time, the day/date advance, but the month does not, at least I do not recall it doing so.

I really like wearing it from time-to-time!

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan, it's quite a looker.

this one
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Dan R liked this post
    well a couple that have worn last few days that should have gone here so here they go
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Dan R liked this post
    well gifting this one to any one who wants it in the uk (sorry going to post free and cheap ) so thought would show pics here none runner but good name and from around 1920 ? so worth a service maybe so why not show some pics of a ladies watch for a change but doh wrong month but
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Probably hard to find replacement parts. Shame.
    Dan

Probably hard to find replacement parts. Shame.
    Dan
    would hope just clog up with old oil so a clean and might be ok found a lot of the time the old oils plays up with it say sat in a draw for thirty years doing nothing good chance it would play up with to start off ... got a lucerne hates cold weather had it playing up at first got it running fine sold it the person who got it said it was not working sent it me back .. and it was not... both trips had been on very cold days so put it on a radiator for a couple of hours and it started to go so if being used it fine keeps time decent charge .. but off the wrist then you know it going to be fun to get it going next time so could do with a clean / new oil ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy