Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomos Wish List

Nomos Wish List

Michael (Samanator) mentioned over in central that Rob (Topper Jewelers) is working with Nomos on a new limited edition. Apparently it is exciting enough to put a deposit on.

Since Nomos is one of my favorite German brands, I thought it would be fun to discuss what you would like to see Nomos do next (or speculate on what the Topper edition may look like). I have not heard anything about the new Topper edition other than it is coming, so no inside info will come from me.

My Ahoi Atlantik is my current favorite. Everything about it (except the lume) is fantastic. It's comfortable, legible in any light (despite the lume), and the movement is lovely to look at.

Needless to say, I would love to see a variation on the Ahoi. I though the first Topper edition looked great with the lumed tips of the hands. Perhaps a white dialed Ahoi with blued hands and luminous tips would work. Maybe a blue subdial with fully lumed seconds hand? That last bit may be too much.

What about a gray dialed Ahoi? A medium gray similar to the gray Orion released a couple years ago.

My true wish for Nomos is a chronograph. Not just any chronograph, but a unique take on the chronograph in the same line as the weltzeit. Perhaps a floating central dial with subdials poking out on two or three sides? It would be interesting to see how they would incorporate such a complication in their simple design aesthetic. The closest I could thing of is the MIH watch, but that doesn't have the Nomos feel to it.

I like the company, their customer services (are exemplary) , whether you've bought something or not ... and I like the straps (my only purchase so far from them)
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

4. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    An all-rounder in the manner of the Datejust. Less slender than their dress watches, useful water resistance, maybe even with the option of a bracelet.

I'd take the Club dial and hands as a starting point.

6. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    An all-rounder in the manner of the Datejust. Less slender than their dress watches, useful water resistance, maybe even with the option of a bracelet.

I'd take the Club dial and hands as a starting point.
    I'd be curious to see what a Nomos bracelet would look like.

Something in between the Ahoi and the Club would be nice. I wore the Ahoi the entire time I was in Hawaii last month, including in the pool, in the ocean, and at a wedding.

How about a diver ?

By the by, I think these from Nomos are remarkably good value ......

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Seriously I'd like to see more curvy watches from them, they do seem to do a lot of angular (in several areas) watches, and not enough sexy curves,....
    Watches for SALE:

Blog Entries
    I would love for them to develop a quick-set date wheel.
    Oh, and maybe they could put their Lambda movement in a watch I could imagine being able to afford?
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

11. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    I'm lacking a blue dialed one, wouldn't mind bringing this back...

Name:  NOMOS-Glashutte-Zurich-Blaugold-Copy.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  125.8 KB

13. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I would love for them to develop a quick-set date wheel.

Yes, should have mentioned that.