Likes Likes:  4

Thread: ETA

ETA

I've recently been considering a project using an ETA movement, and it occurred to me how many of these movements are out there in so many applications.

I've had a few with these little gems and have passed on quite a few
    Currently I own two

The Rotary is exquisite and the Tramway rather terrible, the casing is rough, the face poor with horrible alignment and the hands lack character.

But inside beats the same heart as many omegas etc....and this is where my wee project comes in, but more of that later.

In the time being gimmie some inspiration, let's see your eta pieces.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    so how would we define eta ?

suppose the parnis clones are 6497 / 6498 which I use a lot .. but then I am in a middle of a build on a 3602 just waiting to fund the buying of stems and crystal for it ...

found this

Movement family

Ebauche Variants

See Also

Description:
    Manual winding movementWith/without shock protection (Incabloc)Escapement: Stone leverYoke winding systemFunctions:
    Hours, MinutesSmall secondsData:
    16˝ lignesD 36.6 mm, H 4.5 mm17 jewels18,000 A/hPower reserve 46hProduction period:
    Since 1950
    Last edited by is that my watch; Feb 4, 2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling :(
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

well this was one of the re-builds I did
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes Kevinw liked this post
    Very nice, in the instance of the two I own the Tramway is a 2452 automatic with 25 jewels,
    The Rotary is a 2846 if I remember correctly..

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    this is the one am working on now to go slightly a drift from the eta talk

a 3602 pocket watch dial /hands / movement converted to a wrist watch just got to source a stem and a crystal as I said early
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes Dooberfloober liked this post