Likes Likes:  10

Thread: **** vertex-trench watch ****

**** vertex-trench watch ****

Well always wanted a trench watch but they seem to go for crazy prices (well to me ) so I have always liked to check them out for fun on the bay ..would love a dennison since I saw one yonks back so saw this joblot of trench watches in a right state they looked , bad photo only one pic but had a bit left after a few watch sales to pay for my parts for a couple of my self builds watches, so thought why not , it was a none working lot, might do a thread on each of them, but for now the vertex ...

Men's vertex trench watch guessing early 1920 maybe even early then that, it has 10/43 scratched into the inside back so guessing a service was done then so looking at the silver marks will go in to that in a bit in more detail but from the hallmarks can see it was assay in London as 9.25 sterling silver and from a date letter being D denoted it to 1919/1920...

London

Year
    1907/1908 m
    1908/1909 n
    1909/1910 o
    1910/1911 p
    1911/1912 q
    1912/1913 r
    1913/1914 s
    1914/1915 t
    1915/1916 u
    1916/1917 a
    1917/1918 b
    1918/1919 c
    1919/1920 d .....
    1920/1921 e

It also has Vertex and underneath that swiss made and the serial number 528292 also we have G.S at the top in an oval so guess it's possible either George Smith V, but he has it in a square box or possible George Stockwell for Stockwell & Co Ltd,but again he has it boxed with a small semi-circle at the middle top of it .. so will need to look into it more unless you guys can help out with it too if you know or have any idea.

Reminds me of a dennisons case and has a sub-six with a marked vertex movement, it is a Swiss made 15 jewelled cal 50 with v.w in a box, as you see on the side of the lip it has 292 and is now sorta working got it to the point of working when it wants to so far but as you can see it is worth the trouble to get it working properly think it needs a good clean so might get put to one side for a service at some point now size if it was 35mm upwards would wear it so would service it sooner, but at 28mm with out crown seems it will wait awhile as this will be a keeper but probably not a wearer

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes CFR, Greg, Dan R liked this post
    This was the Longines I almost bought, but the seller was asking way too much, for it.

Name:  Long_T.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  4.8 KB

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    This was the Longines I almost bought, but the seller was asking way too much, for it.

Name:  Long_T.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  4.8 KB
    yeah saw a few like that but bin prices seem all over the place for vertex but some are artificial high I had a vertex revue that I sold it was done as no reserve as seeing all the high bin prices, I thought it would be a safe bet to hook buyers in and get a good back and forth between bidders but it did not even happen like that think I scraped even on it at best from memory.. as I say you just can't tell these are lovely watches but small remember biggest I have seen for this type is 34.5 but they are lovely that what lead me to build my own version of a trench watch and goes for Longines too ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    I believe the Longines I mentioned was something around 32mm x 32mm.

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I believe the Longines I mentioned was something around 32mm x 32mm.
    with or without crown but yeah they ant big but some look it thou in pic's
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

you also had the omega one's too

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes CFR liked this post
    the logines the one I was looking at was 30 with out crown was slightly out on that

1917 Silver Vintage Longines
    Trench watch

A large size solid silver cushion 1917 Longines. The white enamel dial having Arabic numerals. The dial in perfect condition is signed Longines below the 12 as well as having a small sub seconds dial at 6 oclock. The silver cushion style case having a Swiss hallmark and marked 0935. The inner case and movement both with the same number. The movement marked Longines and numbered. Very hard to find First World War vintage wristwatch in very good condition.
    All of our watches have been cleaned and serviced, are fitted with a new high quality strap and come with a new presentation box as well as a one year warranty.

Size: 31.5mm sq excl button
    Stock No: 1026
    Price: £865.00
    Last edited by is that my watch; Feb 26, 2017 at 09:29 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes CFR liked this post
    32mm without the crown.

I've also seen a few Lemania (monopusher) chronographs and they're so nice

But we can't have them all, can we? And that's fine.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 26, 2017 at 09:46 PM.

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    32mm without the crown.

I've also seen a few Lemania (monopusher) chronographs and they're so nice

But we can't have them all, can we? And that's fine.
    yeah as happy just looking at pic's too
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes CFR liked this post