Quote Originally Posted by dobber72 View Post
I dropped my Tag Monaco once onto a tiled floor, I'll admit it felt like a bit of pee came out. It was not a good moment. Picking it up and finding the case dented and the sapphire broken on one corner was just upsetting. It cost about $500 to rectify the damage at the AD and the minute hand is still not aligned properly. Will cost another $50-100 to fix that.

On the other hand when I occasionally drop a G-shock there is no heart in the mouth feeling and when I pick it up to see no damage I admit I do have a little chuckle to myself. The world of G-shock is a good world to be part of.
A couple of years ago I dropped my Seiko MM300 when I was doing a careless strap changing procedure. It fell to the hardwood floor at a distance of about three feet. I did a rather pathetic dive in an attempt to save it, but it was in vain -- the watch hit the floor bottom left lug first. I carefully lifted it up to inspect it and spotted no major cosmetic damage, perhaps a scratch or two. I did realize a short while later that the watch which had been gaining about 1 second a day now ran about 10 seconds slower.

Fast forward to the present and I am for some reason more of a G-shock guy than an auto owner. Out of boredom, I like to toss my favorite G-shock, the GW-5000, in the air and watch it plummet to the ground. Of course, it's unscathed every time.

Being a part of the G-shock world is indeed a good world to be a part of.