Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Solved) Problem with my Vostok 120SE...

(Solved) Problem with my Vostok 120SE...

as some of you know, i got a Meranom Vostok 120SE with yellow sandwich dial that i bought second hand from an IWL member...
    i trully like it very much and have put it on my rotation.. it had kept excellent time and perform very well.. i bring it to travel, but always baby it.. never been dip, drop or any ding..

today i want to wear it, i give it some wound and set the time... the second hand dont move.. i give it more wound and shake it for a couple of minutes.. the second hand run for a minute or two and stop again.. i open the caseback to see if there are any debris or anything loose.. everything looks good and clean as a whistle.. it just the watch wont work..

is there anything i can do?

i know it is not an expensive watch, but from all of my Vostok, this one is my jewel.. i just love it very much, and so sad to see this one break... and no, there is no vostok service center and so on.. this one has perfect hand alligment, i'm so affraid if i bring to to local watch technician, he will just give it more problems to it..
    gosh this is sucks.. so many unfortunate events lately that accumulate and burden me... i wish this lovely watch can be rescued.. i know vostok is build to survive, and i realise i just have some badluck..

thanks for any input guys..

this is the picture from the last time i wear it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by iyonk; Mar 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

got any pics of the movement ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

as did once have a vostok do this the cog over the barrel had loosen so it was not winding up even thou it felt like it was
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

i just put the caseback back on and it is 2 o'cock in the morning here.. i'll do it tomorow..
    i just search for vostok problem and have read the same symptom as mine.. all only said to send to warranty (i'm out), or let it go since the service gonna cost more than the watch worth.. bummer..

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    i just put the caseback back on and it is 2 o'cock in the morning here.. i'll do it tomorow..
    i just search for vostok problem and have read the same symptom as mine.. all only said to send to warranty (i'm out), or let it go since the service gonna cost more than the watch worth.. bummer..
    well don't think let it go sounds like it is either not winding up or the hair spring is stopping or the hands could be catching ..it's a hard one to guess with out seeing it up close I would not count it out yet
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

some watches even like to have a good charge before getting going
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

try pulling the stem to setting position give it a few turns backwards and then forwards to see if it is moving right then push back in and give it a wind a bit ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    i have given it more than 60 wounds and shake it for a few minutes... still it just stop after a minute or two..
    i can assure the hands dont catch or anthing.. i'll take a picture fo the movement tomorow, but i also didnt see anything catch or so..
    thanks mark.

11. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    try pulling the stem to setting position give it a few turns backwards and then forwards to see if it is moving right then push back in and give it a wind a bit ?
    tried it.. it work for 5 seconds and stop again...

i've read that some of the symptom that other people experience was gradually worse.. mine was not showing any problem.. it just stopped working today..
    Last edited by iyonk; Mar 8, 2017 at 06:20 PM.

interesting one ok even thou the second hands not moving is it ticking or not ?

if not then mechanics possible

if yes then the second hand could be loose as with some it can stop or jump or move to beats at once as it is second feed so it can have play so can move position common occurrence ..

think we need to work down the list of probable things on a quartz it a sign for a new battery ..

but as a mech hmmm wild guess is some thing is stopping the hair spring from arching ( in that of swing forwards and backwards ) if it had had a bump could be the hairspring has come out of alignment ... has it been really hot over there ? can watch oils gum up in heat any more with the modern oils probably not .... really need to see the movement
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy