Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Solved) Problem with my Vostok 120SE...

Pictures added...

Name:  DSCN1828.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  DSCN1831.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  79.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1835.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1836.jpg
Size:  79.5 KB

the watch just dont work at all right now.. may be if i shake it it will run for 4-5 seconds and stop again.. the hand wind seem to be full..
    i have no info about good watch maker here.. so i'm doomed.. i will still keep the watch, but sad since i feel i didn't have the fullest enjoyment of it in the 3 months that i owned it..
    thanks for the help everybody..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Pictures added...

Name:  DSCN1828.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  80.7 KB

Size:  79.8 KB

Name:  DSCN1835.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1836.jpg
Size:  79.5 KB

the watch just dont work at all right now.. may be if i shake it it will run for 4-5 seconds and stop again.. the hand wind seem to be full..
    i have no info about good watch maker here.. so i'm doomed.. i will still keep the watch, but sad since i feel i didn't have the fullest enjoyment of it in the 3 months that i owned it..
    thanks for the help everybody..
    sorry to say I think this is a guess thou the fly wheel somehow caught the hairspring that kink in the outside edge does not look good so if so then in away it is a quick fix if parts are available that is as you just remove the regulating are and replace ..just want to check some thing .. did it have more of a rattle towards the end ?

one of the reasons I don't like autos .... and if the fly wheel is not working I don't think it will wind more as it would be full wound as it is not discharging
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    so iyonks shot

working one

nice arch on the spring loose curve no kink
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    The first Vostok I had (scuba dude) was OK for 6 months then just stopped then about 4 months later just started again . I also looked inside and no obvious fault . I would give it some time and then go back in a few months and give it a try .It will be like a new watch.

Billy Super Duper

7. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Thanks everybody ... i'm gonna store the watch away... maybe someday when i have the time and fund -- plus i can locate a good watch maker, i'll get it serviced since i do like this watch very much....
    for now, i'll get back to my Japanese auto..

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Thanks everybody ... i'm gonna store the watch away... maybe someday when i have the time and fund -- plus i can locate a good watch maker, i'll get it serviced since i do like this watch very much....
    for now, i'll get back to my Japanese auto..
    think it would be worth fixing as was they not limited stocked ? you could get a movement for $40 and have a go at swapping the dial hands across to the new movement then when you wore it .. it would feel more special even

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...-movement.html
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    The first Vostok I had (scuba dude) was OK for 6 months then just stopped then about 4 months later just started again . I also looked inside and no obvious fault . I would give it some time and then go back in a few months and give it a try .It will be like a new watch.

Billy Super Duper
    i was wondered that the watch survive in the postal just inside a brown envelope from UK to Jakarta.. it arrived ticking and keep super excellent time.. everything is positive and spot on..
    it was one of my happiest purchase, and i know it is so limited, i wont see it on anybody's wrist in where i life..

all of a sudden, even though it has been babied .. it just stop working.. i personally wont hold my breath that it will recover by itself.. but who knows..

i really fond the dial and the hands.. its just perfect.. maybe someday i can put another movement and dial like a blue scuba dude in it.. but i will always miss the sandwich dial and long hands..

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    think it would be worth fixing as was they not limited stocked ? you could get a movement for $40 and have a go at swapping the dial hands across to the new movement then when you wore it .. it would feel more special even

https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-cla...-movement.html
    nop.. i'm not handy in replacing hands and dial.. i would have a full drawer of modded seiko if i were..
    may be someday i just purchase any Amphibia with the dial and hand configuration that i like and just swap the internal to this 120SE case... but i dont think i can score any other amphibia.. all the vostok that i got are hard to get and i just got them from the mercy for the friendly members..

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    From WRUW thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Looks to me like the ratchet pawl is not engaged; suggesting it's either stuck, or there's no main-spring tension
    Now seen a better/clearer picture - Will stick with my original 'diagnosis'...
Views: 161
Size:  148.7 KB

...ratchet is not fully engaged: Stuck or no spring tension.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    From WRUW thread:

Now seen a better/clearer picture - Will stick with my original 'diagnosis'...
Views: 161
Size:  148.7 KB

...ratchet is not fully engaged: Stuck or no spring tension.
    yes but if it is full wound then it might not be catching completely if the mainspring is fully charged because if it was not catching then it would not feel over wound if over wound it can catch like that ...

but did say if the barrel cog is loose it could be not catching .... so if it was winding endlessly then yeah but no if fully wound there is a way to unwind a over wound main spring if you wind till the catch release then hold the catch clear and let the crown run down between your fingers slowly to take off the charge ....
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

16. Likes iyonk liked this post